Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Man United supporters?

Queensland Man United supporters?

Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Queensland Man United supporters?

Hello,

We are hoping to arrive in Queensland (Gold Coast) in 2/3 months. My husband and the boys are huge Man U fans and I have been searching tinternet trying to find a supporter's club, official or otherwise, but have not had much luck

Does anybody have any details of any MUFC supporter's clubs or groups please? Or any details of good places to watch to match when we arrive?

Many thanks in anticipation of your help, and I am bracing myself for any Man Sh***y fans, or fans of the wrong shade of red that want to throw their hats in

Ren.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:39 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Queensland Man United supporters?

Originally Posted by RenShen
Hello,

We are hoping to arrive in Queensland (Gold Coast) in 2/3 months. My husband and the boys are huge Man U fans and I have been searching tinternet trying to find a supporter's club, official or otherwise, but have not had much luck

Does anybody have any details of any MUFC supporter's clubs or groups please? Or any details of good places to watch to match when we arrive?

Many thanks in anticipation of your help, and I am bracing myself for any Man Sh***y fans, or fans of the wrong shade of red that want to throw their hats in

Ren.
By the look of the tourists the official Fan Club seems to be based in Tokyo these days, give 'em a bell
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Gallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant future

There are not many manu fans in manchester as it is good luck in the gold coast and hopefully you will get the help you need soon we will be heading of soon to gold coast as well i will not tell you what team i support at the moment still hurting from weekend results :curse:
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

We are not actually from Manchester, we live on the Wirral and are surrounded by Liverpool, Everton and Tranmere fans so are used to suffering for our team!!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

I don't think there is one tbh.

I also don't think you should concern yourself too much with finding a place to watch them as the matches are on during the night here, for instance I watched the hammerring of the ARSE on Sunday at 3.15AM.

You can get foxtel here (same as sky) and they show a fair few UTD matches (more than Sky in England do) but I like to watch them all so I watch on the internet, theirs some free sites that can be ok but not always reliable, I use a site I paid for that gives a more reliable feed of the matches.

Cheers and don't listen to the crap from the (jealous) posters above
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester Man United supporters?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:09 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

Forget about utd join the bus that is a journey being a QPR fan.We are now officially the ritchest club in the world.Owned by Bernie eccleston,Flavio Briatore (both F1)and also the third ritchest man in the world (some steel bloke from India)so forget utd as QPR will be the new force.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon&kate
Forget about utd join the bus that is a journey being a QPR fan.We are now officially the ritchest club in the world.Owned by Bernie eccleston,Flavio Briatore (both F1)and also the third ritchest man in the world (some steel bloke from India)so forget utd as QPR will be the new force.
Is Paladini still there? He once tried to buy Port Vale, stating that his son had watched PV in a cup final (??) and he fell in love with the colour of the strip. He also once, allegedly, tried to buy Notts County, spouting the same line.

Last I'd heard he was the victim of some armed robbery at QPR while a game was being played???!!!

I used to have a lot of time for QPR until they forced a 4-4 draw at PV after being 4-0 down at half time. The match was on the TV I recall
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, though I don't think I would be persuaded to jump ship because another team has more money and celebrity owners!?! Results?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by caleb2003
I don't think there is one tbh.

I also don't think you should concern yourself too much with finding a place to watch them as the matches are on during the night here, for instance I watched the hammerring of the ARSE on Sunday at 3.15AM.

You can get foxtel here (same as sky) and they show a fair few UTD matches (more than Sky in England do) but I like to watch them all so I watch on the internet, theirs some free sites that can be ok but not always reliable, I use a site I paid for that gives a more reliable feed of the matches.

Cheers and don't listen to the crap from the (jealous) posters above
Thanks, I know it would mean watching in the middle of the night, but what a great excuse for an all night party with like minded folk? (not talking swinging or any weird stuff, just football!!)
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RenShen
Thanks, I know it would mean watching in the middle of the night, but what a great excuse for an all night party with like minded folk? (not talking swinging or any weird stuff, just football!!)
I know what you mean, watching with your mates etc is always a better atmosphere but the times really do mess it up, when its on at 3am I just go to bed early and set the alarm then stay awake after it finishes.

The best matches are played at 12pm UK time and that can be 9 or 10 pm here so easy to go to the pub, but it doesnt happen too often as UTD many times are on at that bloody 5:15pm slot

Grrr I suppose thats the price you pay for being the best most entertaining and well supported club in the land if not the world
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:41 pm
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

I was at that game at port vale.was also there the day you relegated us.That was all fun and games after.I have been to a few Roar games over here and the standard is poor mind you its nice to be able to have a beer in your seat.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:45 pm
jon&a mp;kate

was funny that game he was involved in the armed robbery (more like a cou)I had to go to work after the match so i left about 10 mins from the end to beat the traffic.As i got to the bottom of the stairs comming out of the ground there were shit loads of armed old bill with there guns pointing in my direction .
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

I was at that game at port vale.was also there the day you relegated us.That was all fun and games after.I have been to a few Roar games over here and the standard is poor mind you its nice to be able to have a beer in your seat.
I was at both games too! Yes, it was a bit tasty afterwards as I recall.

Always had a soft spot for QPR for some reason - maybe it was their hooped shirts??

I like to watch the Roar i.e sitting outside, supping lager on a warm evening, watching the footie

Very different to shivering at Vale Park with a bovril and a lukewarm pie for company
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

was funny that game he was involved in the armed robbery (more like a cou)I had to go to work after the match so i left about 10 mins from the end to beat the traffic.As i got to the bottom of the stairs comming out of the ground there were shit loads of armed old bill with there guns pointing in my direction .
"Pwoppa nowtee" as Danny Dyer would say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.