British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Queensland electrician licensing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/queensland-electrician-licensing-423128/)

rustyspanners Feb 1st 2007 10:34 pm

Re: Update - New Citizenship Residence Requirement

I wonder if any body can tell me how this is going to affect me. I was planing to apply under 136 visa when Iam 44 and validate this in the next year. Then we would all go out when I turn 47. Is this still possible, i have already passed TRA as general electrician. Also does anyone know what the licencing is like in qeensland. Do I need to have a logbook of work etc.

thanks

Pollyana Feb 2nd 2007 8:07 am

Originally Posted by rustyspanners (Post 4353419)
I wonder if any body can tell me how this is going to affect me. I was planing to apply under 136 visa when Iam 44 and validate this in the next year. Then we would all go out when I turn 47. Is this still possible, i have already passed TRA as general electrician. Also does anyone know what the licencing is like in qeensland. Do I need to have a logbook of work etc.

thanks

I've copied this into its own thread from the citizenship thread, so that you can get some licensing advice.

Wendy? Where are you?!!

Wendy Feb 2nd 2007 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by rustyspanners (Post 4353419)

thanks

The only flaw in your plan that I can see is what happens if you don't meet the basic requirements of the visa and your application is returned? You'd then be looking at possible missing out because of your age. I'd get the application in as soon as possible personally. All it would mean is that you have to validate sooner, but you could still carry on your plan to come out when you are 47.

As for the licencing part for Queensland, have a word with Steve 'O about that as he's up that way and knows more than me about the process or have a good look at the electricians part of the forum :)

Wendy Feb 2nd 2007 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 4353421)
I've copied this into its own thread from the citizenship thread, so that you can get some licensing advice.

Wendy? Where are you?!!

Not had much time to come on lately, I've finally gone and found a life :rofl: