Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland driving licence road rules test

Queensland driving licence road rules test

Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:59 am
mjj
Forum Regular

mjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura about
Default Queensland driving licence road rules test

How many of you out there have sat the Queensland road rules test that is necessary in order to get a state license? Is it hard? Have any of you failed it? I have just two weeks to swat up for this

Cheers

MJJ
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice
Default Re: Queensland driving licence road rules test

Originally Posted by mjj
How many of you out there have sat the Queensland road rules test that is necessary in order to get a state license? Is it hard? Have any of you failed it? I have just two weeks to swat up for this

Cheers

MJJ
According to a recent thread on here you don't have to take the test anymore.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:06 am
mjj
Forum Regular

mjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura about

That's not what we were told by Queensland Transport the other week.

MJJ

Originally Posted by Wilso16
According to a recent thread on here you don't have to take the test anymore.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mjj
That's not what we were told by Queensland Transport the other week.

MJJ
New policy this week!!!! Or very new me thinks.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:14 am
mjj
Forum Regular

If you are correct then this has made my day

I was starting to crap myself about the test!

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
New policy this week!!!! Or very new me thinks.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mjj

Here ya go ....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410600
Old Nov 29th 2006, 10:19 am
Brisbane here we come!

myedsore will become famous soon enoughmyedsore will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mjj

Hi Yes this is correct I sat the test last week and passed 1st time, however my wife had two go's and we went in on Monday 27th and she just paid a licence fee ($65 for 5 years) and they swopped it over. Not to worry you get to keep your old licences anyway. Over here you have to renew your licence every so many years, its just paperwork and money though. We are based in Brisbane.
Cheers
Mark
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:45 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

The disturbing thing about all of this is that so many people have struggled and not managed to pass a test which is basically a piece of p*** after numerous tries and yet are now just 'given' a licence. Leave the test in place I say - if you can't pass it - you can't drive here....simple as.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:53 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
The disturbing thing about all of this is that so many people have struggled and not managed to pass a test which is basically a piece of p*** after numerous tries and yet are now just 'given' a licence. Leave the test in place I say - if you can't pass it - you can't drive here....simple as.
ok, its not Oz, but I just recently passed my motorcycle theory after a couple of attempts, and I have been driving here in Holland without any problems or accidents for 20 years. Does that mean I shouldn't have been driving because I failed the the first two times ?

I can imagine that when first in Oz, it can be a bit daunting in a new country on the roads, but if you fail because of the unfamiliarity of the roads and habits,does it make you a bad driver ? I know more people WITH licences that shouldnt be on the road, and since I started riding a motorcycle, MOST people should be taken off the roads !!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:01 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
ok, its not Oz, but I just recently passed my motorcycle theory after a couple of attempts, and I have been driving here in Holland without any problems or accidents for 20 years. Does that mean I shouldn't have been driving because I failed the the first two times ?

I can imagine that when first in Oz, it can be a bit daunting in a new country on the roads, but if you fail because of the unfamiliarity of the roads and habits,does it make you a bad driver ? I know more people WITH licences that shouldnt be on the road, and since I started riding a motorcycle, MOST people should be taken off the roads !!
The key thing is you did eventaully pass - which was the whole point. If you'd never passed you wouldn't just be given a licence would you? it's not even as if Qld wants people to take a practical test (unless for HGV) but it's worrying that people who can't pass a simple theory test are now going to be sent out without having to learn even the smallest of differences. Must admit I found the Dutch to be quite good drivers when I lived in Holland
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

peast01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by myedsore
Hi Yes this is correct I sat the test last week and passed 1st time, however my wife had two go's and we went in on Monday 27th and she just paid a licence fee ($65 for 5 years) and they swopped it over. Not to worry you get to keep your old licences anyway. Over here you have to renew your licence every so many years, its just paperwork and money though. We are based in Brisbane.
Cheers
Mark
Am I correct in thinking that your wife did`nt need to pass the test. I did mine when we got here about six months ago and failed and I havent bothered since as I dont seem to have the time. It would be great if I could just go and pick one up without the stupid test. Where abouts in Brisbane did she go to get it from

Thanks

Steve
Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:01 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peast01
Am I correct in thinking that your wife did`nt need to pass the test. I did mine when we got here about six months ago and failed and I havent bothered since as I dont seem to have the time. It would be great if I could just go and pick one up without the stupid test. Where abouts in Brisbane did she go to get it from

Thanks

Steve
you can use any qld transport office mate
Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:01 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
The key thing is you did eventaully pass - which was the whole point. If you'd never passed you wouldn't just be given a licence would you? it's not even as if Qld wants people to take a practical test (unless for HGV) but it's worrying that people who can't pass a simple theory test are now going to be sent out without having to learn even the smallest of differences. Must admit I found the Dutch to be quite good drivers when I lived in Holland
you must have lived in Holland a few years back.

Its an absolute nightmare nowadays !!!

One MAJOR reason for the move is the traffic and the general drivers over here
Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:03 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
you must have lived in Holland a few years back.

Its an absolute nightmare nowadays !!!

One MAJOR reason for the move is the traffic and the general drivers over here
wait till you meet up with aussie pilots mate
i mean drivers
Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:10 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by steve`o
wait till you meet up with aussie pilots mate
i mean drivers
trust me, when you have lived here for a few years, you are ready for anything the rest of the world throws at you !!! Italy is a piece of cake compared !

I have spent hours studying the Dutch road rules & regs recently, and that is a whole new experience !! At the annual car show in Amsterdam every year you can take a free theory test. 96% fail !!!! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.