Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old May 1st 2007, 2:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Originally Posted by skye
Hi Pollyana - can you tell me how long the queensland police check takes... that is what we are wiating for with our applications...... thanks
Hmmm, not as much experience with those, but the ones that I did for a while at work on SES volunteers took about 3 weeks I think, and the one I did last year for my PR was about the same I think.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:06 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone got a definitive answer on salary?

I spoke to an urban ozzie ACP who told me she grossed 46k with OT last year. Her biggest year ever was 52k.

A far way short of the 73k in the job advertising and way short of other figures I've heard.
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by temptininnit
Has anyone got a definitive answer on salary?

I spoke to an urban ozzie ACP who told me she grossed 46k with OT last year. Her biggest year ever was 52k.

A far way short of the 73k in the job advertising and way short of other figures I've heard.
I thought $46 k was the basic without any extras and that out of hours payments and ot can take it up to $70k+
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked on the queensland ambulance website, loads of info there, where the current vacancies are, info on remote areas, such as what happens if your not near schools etc, pay scales....

Pays in faq's here

http://www.ambulance.qld.gov.au/recr...para.asp#costs
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:44 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sals
I thought $46 k was the basic without any extras and that out of hours payments and ot can take it up to $70k+

I thought 45 was basic plus penalties.
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by temptininnit
I thought 45 was basic plus penalties.
Jobs on DES jobsonline (thats got all the internal Expressions of Interest as well as the stuff thats on www.jobs.qld.gov.au ) are advertised at $40k-$49k for Paramedics this week. Thats the basic salary, anything else would be on top.....
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Wolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really niceWolf is just really nice

Originally Posted by sals
Hi,

Salary for an Advanced Care Paramedic is about $46,000.00 plus penalty rates (lates, nights, weekends, broken meals, meals extra time, late finish etc)
On top of this you'll have incidental over time AND there is always plenty of overtime (shifts or sports specials) if you want them.

Honestly, you should earn around $60,000.00 give or take.

If you're willing to go rural or at a mine site then you can earn some serious money, 8 days on 6 days off, you can do this for a period of time from weeks to months, some people take the family with them, others don't but fly back regularly to see them.

Hope this helps.

Wolf.

PS I'm a English Paramedic living/working here for QAS.
PPS be under no illusions, ambulance service management/policies/politics is the same the world over, however, it's a shinier bucket here', although it's not utopia!
Old May 5th 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!
Just wanted to say hurrah I have finally got my UK PCC. It came in the post this morning 37 days in total.
Now just have to send it off and wait again..............
Old May 5th 2007, 8:14 pm
skye

Great news Sals! - We have been away for a few days and hopeful postie had bought us something - but no...... still waiting!

Old May 6th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skye
Great news Sals! - We have been away for a few days and hopeful postie had bought us something - but no...... still waiting!
Let me know when you here anything x
Old May 6th 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

jackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the rough

OH text me this morning re story in todays Courier Mail on Sunday

www.news.com.au/couriermail/sundaymail then look for QAS in crisis story

as she tells me; same crap, different service

last weeks shift Mon 7-5, Tue 7-5, Wed 11-21, Thur 21-07, Fri 21-07
rostered hours 50 actual 60 No meal breaks on 2 days

Then its 3 days off before another 50hr shift!!

Like i've said before, it's not utopia, JUST BE PREPARED
Old May 6th 2007, 5:42 pm
skye

That actually looks like a good shift pattern to us.......

Old May 7th 2007, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Tetley999 will become famous soon enoughTetley999 will become famous soon enough

Then its 3 days off before another 50hr shift!!

Hi mate, if your contracted hours are 37.5, I presume some the shifts that you are posted are overtime?
If so overtime is on a voluntary basis?

Do you have the type of manager that you can't approach?
Still, at least your 3 days are together!!!

Tetley,
</IMG>
Old May 8th 2007, 4:50 pm
skye

Anyone heard anything yet...... we are still waiting for formal job offers!

Old May 8th 2007, 4:54 pm
leave the swelling!!

The Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really nice

Oi! Tetley.....

You mean your manager ISN'T approachable?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.