Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:40 am
skye

Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Thats what we are aiming for....... still waiting for QAS ..... it cant come quick enough!

Old Apr 27th 2007, 3:28 pm
skye

Anybody had their job offer through yet?

Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by skye
Anybody had their job offer through yet?
I wish I had
I've still not got my UK police check yet urghhhhhh! On day 29 and still waiting, waiting, waiting, counting down the days, waiting. Don't they realise they're holding everything up. I even tried to bribe them! guy stated they could make a fortune if they fast tracked for money but they don't so I just keep waiting, waiting, waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Tetley999 will become famous soon enoughTetley999 will become famous soon enough

YEP GOT MY JOB OFFER!!!!!!!!!

Apparently, I can be:

1. Cleaner,
2. Car park attendant,
3. nut doctor,
4. Driver
5. Clerk,
6. rota manager,
7. Complaints manager
8, Agony Aunt,
9 All around nasty bastard
10, Gynecologist,
11. Police officer,
12. Training organizer
13, Vehicle checker,
14, Vehicle kiter,
15 Kit checker
16, store man
17 BASKET WEAVER!!
18 Social worker
19 boot licker
20 window licker,
21 YES man,
22 Forelock puller
23. Smoking police
24 Sickee police
25 There there police
26 phone checker,
27 Pointless BSI enforcer
28 Clock stopper
29 Skip filler
30 porter driver
31 midwife
32 Cardiologist
33 Preceptor
34 Undertaker

00000 no sorry, ....................................it says at the top

Station Manager,,,,,,,,,,

perhaps I will just be a Paramedic in a hot climate instead!!!!!

Go home , surf, drink beer and drive a landy!!!

Can't smile wide enough

Tetley

PS the BBQ will be south Brisbane August any one up for it or is it just me and skye and OH???
</IMG></IMG>
Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:18 am
k_j
Just Joined

k_j is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Tetley,

Nice one!Congrats!

I am a tech (so won't be able to apply anyway) but live near leicester.

So where'll you be heading?
Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:26 am
skye

K-J - you can apply they are taking techs... you will go through as a P1 - Para's go through at P3 so get your application in!

Old Apr 28th 2007, 7:32 am
skye

bl**** hell Tetley - you on surf board with your BMI!!!!!!! cant wait........ xxx

Old Apr 28th 2007, 11:37 am
skye

Interesting........ on the news.au website today!!

STUDENT paramedics have been left in charge of a Brisbane ambulance station, Queensland opposition emergency services spokesman Ted Malone said today.

Mr Malone said the Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) was suffering a staffing crisis and was unable to retain senior paramedics, leaving under-qualified staff with responsibilities beyond their abilities.

Both the Sandgate and Coolangatta ambulance stations have been left under the care of students, Mr Malone said.

"Information has been supplied to me by the people who are doing the shifts," Mr Malone said.

"QAS is losing senior paramedics because of the way they are being treated.

"That's why we have lesser-trained paramedics running stations."

Ambulance staff are being asked to work extra shifts and have been forced onto a 10-hour roster, Mr Malone said.

He has called for an independent inquiry into the QAS to take place.

A QAS spokeswoman said the claims a student paramedic was left in charge of the Sandgate ambulance station had not been substantiated.

However, the QAS admitted earlier this week that a full-time student was left alone at the Coolangatta station for over nine hours.

Old Apr 28th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Tetley999 will become famous soon enoughTetley999 will become famous soon enough

It is a VERY big surf board!!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 2:09 pm
skye

you make me laugh! - my OH is trying to assemble a cheapie BBQ - hence the thread Argos 30 mins... he is still doing it!!!

Old Apr 28th 2007, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

mmmmmmmmmmmm and we trust this man with a DEFIB!!!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Paraken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone, just thought i'd let you know that we'll be off to Ipswich Queensland on the 6th June.
Shippers are coming on the 1st/2nd May to take our gear (20ft container £3400 PSS) then we'll be off to the outlaws till we fly out.
Last shift with the LAS on the 23rd May, booked ourselves in to the Brisbane Holiday Village for three weeks ($1800 for 5 of us) and hired a car for ten days till we can buy one.
Two springers will be staying with the outlaws till we settle and find rental that will take dogs (£4000 airpets).
Still have to sell the car and bike before we go but will leave that till the last couple of weeks.

So thats about it for now, just trying to sort out whats going in the container and whats coming with us in the cases.

See you all soon
Old Apr 28th 2007, 5:48 pm
skye

Keep in touch paraken.... we wont be far behind you!!! xx

Old Apr 28th 2007, 8:51 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Paraken
Hello everyone, just thought i'd let you know that we'll be off to Ipswich Queensland on the 6th June.
Shippers are coming on the 1st/2nd May to take our gear (20ft container £3400 PSS) then we'll be off to the outlaws till we fly out.
Last shift with the LAS on the 23rd May, booked ourselves in to the Brisbane Holiday Village for three weeks ($1800 for 5 of us) and hired a car for ten days till we can buy one.
Two springers will be staying with the outlaws till we settle and find rental that will take dogs (£4000 airpets).
Still have to sell the car and bike before we go but will leave that till the last couple of weeks.

So thats about it for now, just trying to sort out whats going in the container and whats coming with us in the cases.

See you all soon
Old Apr 29th 2007, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Parken,

Keep in touch its great to have a scouting party!!
Also let us know how the induction 2 weeks go, when do you start with QAS??

Good luck

Tetley

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.