Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old May 27th 2007, 5:35 pm
skye

Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Hi Sals!

It looks like they are doing 'the next round' in one hit.... just hope we are in the same allocation. We may give them a call this week as we are ready to go, as you are!!! Enjoy the wine! x

Old May 27th 2007, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by skye
Hi Sals!

It looks like they are doing 'the next round' in one hit.... just hope we are in the same allocation. We may give them a call this week as we are ready to go, as you are!!! Enjoy the wine! x
Yes it does sound like it. Let me know how the call goes. Definitely ready to go. The house now looks like a jumble sale, there's stuff everywhere lol but it'll all be packed up and gone soon fingers crossed.
Just finishing off the last of the red, will start on the white next week as I can't take it with me
Old May 28th 2007, 6:44 am
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by skye
Hi Sals!

Bloody hell.. I need to sell my house quick....

Anybody want a 4 bed detatched? I'll throw in the carpets n curtains!!

Anybody know the score if your not ready to go yet??
Old May 28th 2007, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Ronnie and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi teljohn i have sent you a Pm hope that's ok Ronnie
Old May 28th 2007, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sla453
Bloody hell.. I need to sell my house quick....

Anybody want a 4 bed detatched? I'll throw in the carpets n curtains!!

Anybody know the score if your not ready to go yet??
I don't think it would be too much of a problem if you're not ready to go just yet. They realise it's a huge move and people have things to sort out. I'm sure they'll cover that when they make the job offers
Old May 29th 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

tyne is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote from couriermail.com

THE trouble-plagued Queensland Ambulance Service will receive a $50 million boost in next month's State Budget.

Premier Peter Beattie revealed yesterday that QAS funding from the Government would jump from $355 million to almost $405 million in the next financial year."

"We have listened to what they have been saying," Mr Beattie said, referring to recent pressure from frontline paramedics who pleaded for more staff and vehicles.

"There will be more ambulance services: new staff, new vehicles, new equipment and new stations. We are looking after the ambulance service."

The exact number of paramedics and ambulances would be revealed when Deputy Premier and Treasurer Anna Bligh delivered the Budget on June 5.

Should help the situation a little bit
Old May 30th 2007, 10:05 am
Just Joined

whitsundays is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Well this is the first time I have been on this site and was surprised to read this forum. I moved from the UK 2 months ago and completed my induction for QAS earlier this month. I ve read a few of your posts, and yes I ve read the papers. What you have to remember is that every ambo service in the world are probably having the same problems and I know in the UK it was no different. I decided to come to Australia for the lifestyle not the job, QAS have got a few problems but yet again its all politics, so if you come over, keep your head down get the job done and go home at the end of your shift, then Oz should be a great choice.....

If anyone has any quesions about the process or induction etc etc then just ask and I ll be happy to help, providing I know the answer.......

I started on the road last week, and every QAS staff member I ve met have been more than willing to help with any questions I ve had.....

As for the recruitment process, I know it seems to drag on and on, but this is Oz and everything runs at a slower pace than the UK, which is annoying I know, but they have got loads of applicants. They re also planning to go to Ambex again I think, and posibly trying to squeeze in an additional induction this year.

Anyway thats enough of me giong on, like I say any questions just ask, and if I dont know the answer I shall try and find out...........
Old May 30th 2007, 10:29 am
skye

Whitsundays! - Great to hear from you - nice pics you sent through not that we are jealous!!! Keep in touch!

Old May 30th 2007, 10:36 am
Just Joined

SKYE- I am glad you liked the pics, just to point out for your OH and other readers, the pics are only scenic.......

I am just at work at the mo....... watching big brother, sad hey ha ha....

I text your other half, so it looks like you`ll be here mid july, fingers crossed, I shall have to fly down for a beer.......or come up to the whitsundays...its beautiful and warm
Old May 30th 2007, 10:55 am
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

Likewise - welcome to the forum...

Just sent you a PM....
Old May 30th 2007, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sla453
Likewise - welcome to the forum...

Just sent you a PM....
hi there, sorry just have to send another post so i can read my PM
Old May 30th 2007, 5:06 pm
leave the swelling!!

The Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really nice

Originally Posted by whitsundays
SKYE- I am glad you liked the pics, just to point out for your OH and other readers, the pics are only scenic.......

I am just at work at the mo....... watching big brother, sad hey ha ha....

I text your other half, so it looks like you`ll be here mid july, fingers crossed, I shall have to fly down for a beer.......or come up to the whitsundays...its beautiful and warm
Yeah right!!!

Tell 'em all about the photo of you lying in the long grass getting up close and personal with a roo.....
Old May 30th 2007, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

The Pink Panther----- I was going to mention about what a great reference you gave me......and what a kinda ok boss you were ha ha ha...... but forget it after telling the world about my night of passion with a roo........ha ha
Old May 31st 2007, 4:10 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Hey, come to the gold coast mate. It's GOLD!!!!

Old May 31st 2007, 6:46 am
skye

Originally Posted by whitsundays
The Pink Panther----- I was going to mention about what a great reference you gave me......and what a kinda ok boss you were ha ha ha...... but forget it after telling the world about my night of passion with a roo........ha ha

whaddya mean 'kinda ok'?!

Enough of that or I'll put the picture on!

(oops OH still logged on!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.