Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old Oct 5th 2007, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all
Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Thanks for all the good wishes
I'm sure you all will not have long to wait.

Pommie girl I'm going to Northern Queensland hopefully Townsville
please, please, please kind QAS
Should hopefully hear for defo in next week or so
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Smurf1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sals
Will do I have a blog on here if your interested I try to keep it up to date and of course once we get there I'll have much more to write about lol
That would be great, how do I get to it, i'm new to all this computer chat stuff
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Smurf1969
That would be great, how do I get to it, i'm new to all this computer chat stuff
Hi smurf I've pm'd you with info
Old Oct 5th 2007, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

nigenvonn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Am new to BE, thanks for all the great advice and tips, and well done to all of those who have gained employment/sponsorship with QAS.

My OH (mechanic) and I have just put in our application (175)- we are applying as de facto under his skills. I am currently a technician and have spoken to QAS re application and they have suggested that as I am not a paramedic the best route would be to apply under the equivalence of qualification process. Has anyone any experience of this route? is the outcome usually positive??

i am sure i will think of many questions but thats it for now.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Smurf1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi smurf I've pm'd you with info
That's great sals i've got it thanks
Old Oct 5th 2007, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nigenvonn
Hi

Am new to BE, thanks for all the great advice and tips, and well done to all of those who have gained employment/sponsorship with QAS.

My OH (mechanic) and I have just put in our application (175)- we are applying as de facto under his skills. I am currently a technician and have spoken to QAS re application and they have suggested that as I am not a paramedic the best route would be to apply under the equivalence of qualification process. Has anyone any experience of this route? is the outcome usually positive??

Hi and welcome to BE be careful it gets addictive lol
Wouldn't think it was any different than how the rest of us applied. We all went through through the equivalancy of qualification process, as part of the application. You fill it in and send it off and it comes back approved, then if you do things in the right order ( I didn't) you can then apply as UK para/tech. Have you found QAS's website all the booklets, info etc about how to go about it are on there. It's http://www.ambulance.qld.gov.au/ just in case you don't have it. Loads of help and advice here you just have to ask

Last edited by sals; Oct 5th 2007 at 5:34 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 5th 2007, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

nigenvonn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks sals,

Have been reading with interest all the threads. I have printed off all the forms and started filling them in - but cant complete them as work have no idea of my intentions yet!!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice

I hope the bubble is not bursting, just had any email from WA Ambulance service to say "Due to unforseen circumstances to our overseas recruitment process, we are currently putting all applications on hold" There was also a news report that QLD are coming to UK spending money when Australian Paramedics want jobs. They must know we are much better I think
Old Oct 7th 2007, 12:04 am
skye

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...1-3102,00.html

Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:22 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa
I hope the bubble is not bursting, just had any email from WA Ambulance service to say "Due to unforseen circumstances to our overseas recruitment process, we are currently putting all applications on hold" There was also a news report that QLD are coming to UK spending money when Australian Paramedics want jobs. They must know we are much better I think

They still need Overseas Paras to cover their retention problems in QLD. Don't worry!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:46 am
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nigenvonn
Hi

Hi and welcome..

Just to put you in the picture.. You can apply for a position with QAS as a technician and it's exactly the same proceedure as if you where a paramedic.
My friend applied (who is a technician) back at the begining of the year - she's now just waiting for her permanent visa to come through.. Hopng to be in Oz early next year!

Good luck with your application.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

pommie girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the good wishes
I'm sure you all will not have long to wait.

Pommie girl I'm going to Northern Queensland hopefully Townsville
please, please, please kind QAS
Should hopefully hear for defo in next week or so
hey sals chuffed for you, my visa lodged 25/9 but not heard yet. I suppose that is when we have a specified location until then in the lap of gods or QLD!!! All I know is the south western, eastern region!!! Huge area could end up anywhere. Have spoken to a friend who has recently gone and endured the 2 wk course in Brisbane, boring........ oh well, keep in touch
Old Oct 7th 2007, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

otschi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody. Nice thread.
Does anybody know something about swiss paramedics working in qld, nsw or wa. Couldn`t find anything.
greets
Old Oct 7th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Just read that a new roster is being implemented for QAS, 12 hours shifts, 4 days on and 4 days off, pretty good eh?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:40 am
mil
Forum Regular

mil is an unknown quantity at this point

Relieved about the new rosters. Wasn't looking forward to working 5 days a week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.