Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old May 22nd 2007, 10:23 am
Just Joined

teljohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Hi, was good to hear about the NHS pension. Would it be advisable to get my visa medical done for me and my family before i have got the paper work through for the actual visa itself, Just to save a bit of time as we are meant to be leaving the UK in September. Any comments would be appreciated.
Old May 22nd 2007, 10:48 am
skye

Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

We frontloaded our medicals and they are now in sydney. We are waiting for our job offer from QAS (interviewed in March) then we can start the visa application - apparantly taking about 4 - 6 weeks... just wished they would hurry up!

Old May 22nd 2007, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just saw this post and thought i had to reply. Today, an Ambulance was called to a Factory opposite where i work. A worker had her hand caught in machinery. Some guy managed to release her hand and the on site first aid staff did what they could to help her. Ambulance arrived with only one paramedic. She was stretchered out to the ambulance and after radioing back to HQ the paramedic said he had no back up and that someone would have to drive the Ambulance for him! The injured woman was in shock so he had to give aid so could not drive. A guy from the factory had to drive the Ambulance to Redcliffe hospital.
My wife is a nurse and she did not believe me.

If Mr Beattie thinks he has got Qld Health sorted then he is not living on this planet. Paramedics, Police and Nurses are so disillusioned. Has anyone got a number of how many of our Professional care staff are seeing physiologists to help them get through there day?
Old May 22nd 2007, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by skye
We frontloaded our medicals and they are now in sydney. We are waiting for our job offer from QAS (interviewed in March) then we can start the visa application - apparantly taking about 4 - 6 weeks... just wished they would hurry up!
I agree that QAS are very slow getting the job offers out. How was the visa medical, are they very thorough, I heard it is xrays and blood tests, wonder what they are testing our blood for? Thats good to be able to do that early, one more thing off the massive list of things to do before we go. Good luck to you!
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Also, have any of you that have started with QAS got children? Did you sort out schools before you went or is it easy to get a place for them once you are in the country. We will be in Sunshine Coast region and it looks like there are loads of schools to choose from but how do I know if they are any good from a website.

Another question, about mobile phones, can you get a contract phone or do you have to have pay as you go? Whats the rough cost to get a phone and get connected.
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:11 pm
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by teljohn
Also, have any of you that have started with QAS got children? Did you sort out schools before you went or is it easy to get a place for them once you are in the country. We will be in Sunshine Coast region and it looks like there are loads of schools to choose from but how do I know if they are any good from a website.

Another question, about mobile phones, can you get a contract phone or do you have to have pay as you go? Whats the rough cost to get a phone and get connected.
Hi,

If it's of any use - you can buy an Aus pay as you go sim off Ebay here!!
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

I agree that QAS are very slow getting the job offers out. How was the visa medical, are they very thorough, I heard it is xrays and blood tests, wonder what they are testing our blood for? Thats good to be able to do that early, one more thing off the massive list of things to do before we go. Good luck to you!
Does anyone know WHY they are slow at getting the job offers out?
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:12 pm
skye

No idea! - thought our HR were bad! - think its your turn to email them - we have and sla453 has too! go for it Sals!

Old May 22nd 2007, 4:20 pm
leave the swelling!!

The Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really nice

Whaddya mean THOUGHT our HR was bad???? IT IS!

Old May 22nd 2007, 4:22 pm
skye

ha ha - very funny darling (pink panther is my OH) you should be doing some work

Old May 22nd 2007, 4:23 pm
leave the swelling!!

The Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really niceThe Pink Panther is just really nice

Hi mate,

bloods are the usual HIV/HepB etc. Don't bother taking a urine sample with you, you'll only have to do another when you get there! Me and the OH did that, had to drink 4 cups of water to be able to go again and didn't stop weeing till the early hours of the following morning!!
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:24 pm
leave the swelling!!

ha ha - very funny darling (pink panther is my OH) you should be doing some work

This is work isn't it??
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

No idea! - thought our HR were bad! - think its your turn to email them - we have and sla453 has too! go for it Sals!
Emailed them Sunday night, got a we've sent your email to the appropriate person to deal with, please get in touch if no one has contacted you in 24 hours! So looks like I'll be up at stupid o'clock ringing them!
Old May 22nd 2007, 5:06 pm
skye

PM me with who you emailed, I have a few other email addresses!

Old May 22nd 2007, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sent you pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.