Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Queensland Ambulance Service

Queensland Ambulance Service

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 3:37 pm
skye

Default Re: Queensland Ambulance Service

Hi Scotspat!

As you know they are applying for a Labour Agreement, once this is in place you will go over on a PR. The reason for the 457 Temporary is to get people there as soon as possible if they can do it, they will then apply for the PR once the agreement is in place.

Documents - Birth Certificate, Passport, PCC checks - all verified, you can attached these to the online visa application once you have the application number from QAS. Also, your visa medical by one of the recommend panel doctors on the immi.gov site.

Football- No idea, hopefully not as OH will have too much to do once we get over there!

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

scotspat is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers bud
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 4:58 pm
skye

This is Skye's OH... There will ALWAYS be time for footie

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Ronnie and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I sent off my application to QAS mid March and i recieved a letter to say they have received my application, but have heard nothing since. Has anybody on here experienced a delay like this or am i just panicking too early
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:55 pm
skye

We applied last September and had our interviews in March, I expect they are busy dealing with everyone from the interviews so I would not worry too much, they are coming back over in July (Ambex) so that will be the next 'round' of interviews....

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Skye we are actually in Brisbane in JUne/July so i was hoping to get an interview over there. Do you know when in July the Ambex is we get home on the 12th. Ronnie
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

jackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone, dont wish to dampen your optimism about how quickly you will be out in queensland but I do know that QAS are having a long delay in getting the trade agreement and that paramedics who passed the interviews last summer are STILL waiting to hear when they can begin thinking about leaving the uk. Hopefully, though for you guys this will come soon and you wont have such a long wait.
Also police checks (here in herts) take 40 days
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 1:56 am
A mile High

Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I have been told by someone I know (who is a trainee paramedic) that they are taking whoever they can get and that you have to seriously stuffup on the course not to pass.
what a comforting reassuring post
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackhigh
Hi everyone, dont wish to dampen your optimism about how quickly you will be out in queensland but I do know that QAS are having a long delay in getting the trade agreement and that paramedics who passed the interviews last summer are STILL waiting to hear when they can begin thinking about leaving the uk. Hopefully, though for you guys this will come soon and you wont have such a long wait.
Scotland Yard give 40 days as the maximum. Very often (unless you have a very common name) they will be back quicker than that.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jackhigh
I spoke to QAS today by email. They stated if job offered, September start shouldn't be a problem if there are vacancies. BTW July and September are their idea as that's when they stated the inductions would be. It seems from the gist of the email start dates are dependant on where you stated you want to be stationed. They match you up to vacancies in the region you chose. They often have set ideas on start dates, so if you go somewhere they have difficulty filling vacancies they can offer job and get you out pretty quick. If you choose somewhere really popular you have to wait for a vacancy. Maybe this is what happened with those mentioned above. Also, the problems they are having with immi/gov and labour agreements, it would seem is why they are using 457 and not waiting for labour agreement and PR so they can get people out quickly and transfer to PR later.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:42 pm
skye

Beat me to it Sals!!!

We are still aiming for July with any luck!

One of ours has had the offer letter and handed their notice in today

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by skye
Beat me to it Sals!!!

We are still aiming for July with any luck!

One of ours has had the offer letter and handed their notice in today
Great to hear something positive and good luck for July. I feel like I go for ages without anyone I know having heard anything than it all comes at once. Unfortunately for me although everything else is ready I'm delayed with UK PCC, this has pushed possiblity of job offer back to middle to end of May and they reckon it's just too tight to sort out visa and make move before July. Don't want to have to arrive and go straight on induction, want a few weeks to get settled, find way around, sort out rental and car etc. God there's so much to do! lol so decided to accept it will have to be September and we will have to spend a couple of homeless months with my parents as I've sold my house and will complete end May early June.
But I just keep telling myself it will be worth it the end and I suppose we can have extra leaving parties! Always like an excuse to party lol
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

tyne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. Im new to these forums, and i am currently nearly finished getting my application ready for QAS.

Firstly, well done to all of you that have made it through the selection and interview process! I just hope that I get there too one day soon.
I have a few questions to those of you who happen to be further down the road than me.

When you send off the application to QAS, how did you go about paying the $395 aussie dollars to them?

What are the interviews like? I have heard they are fairly laid back. What kind of questions did they ask you? How about the clinical skills scenario? How long did it last?

I am really looking forward to this new adventure, as i am sure we all are, but I must admit its just a little bit scary too.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tyne
What $395 dollars i did not send any payment with my application i didn't see anywhere that asked for any payment, and nobody on these sites have mentioned any money having to be sent. Maybe that's why i haven't heard anything Just down the road from you near Stockton-on-Tees, we will be under the same trust NEAS. Ronnie
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ronnie and Deb
Hi Tyne
What $395 dollars i did not send any payment with my application i didn't see anywhere that asked for any payment, and nobody on these sites have mentioned any money having to be sent. Maybe that's why i haven't heard anything Just down the road from you near Stockton-on-Tees, we will be under the same trust NEAS. Ronnie
If you read the info properly it does say you need to pay for your equivalency of qualification assessment BUT I didn't read the pack properly lol and like Ronnie I didn't pay for my assessment either.
As for the interviews it depends who you speak to. Mine was very informal and went quite smoothly. No awkward questions and could provide adequate answers. Have to admit I'd done loads of prep work and amongst other things knew everything there was to know about Jelly fish! Unfortunately they didn't ask me about this lol! They did ask my colleague about blue ringed octopus though. All she knew was they looked pretty!!!
Most questions about you - background, why you want to go, where you want to go, what family support you have. Rest about differential diagnosis and treatment of given scenario, how particular drug works on body.
My colleague states she had a nightmare interview and they grilled on medical stuff like partial pressures and arterial blood gases!!! she still passed though! Not sure what you mean by clinical skills scenario.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.