Reload this Page >

Quarrantine changes for pets to OZ

Quarrantine changes for pets to OZ

Old Aug 10th 2004, 12:35 pm
Madwoman

katyjoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quarrantine changes for pets to OZ

Hi everyone,

Just a query.....my brother has informed me that the quarrantine rules have changed for people who are bringing pets from the UK to Australia. He was looking into it as he was thinking of travelling to UK from OZ. Apparently the rules changed in June and pets no longer need to be quarrantined as long as they have a vets certificate of health and all the vaccinations..... IS this true??? am going to do a search myself and check but just thought i'd ask here first....

Thanks all

Kate
Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:46 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Quarrantine changes for pets to OZ

Originally Posted by katyjoy
Hi everyone,

Just a query.....my brother has informed me that the quarrantine rules have changed for people who are bringing pets from the UK to Australia. He was looking into it as he was thinking of travelling to UK from OZ. Apparently the rules changed in June and pets no longer need to be quarrantined as long as they have a vets certificate of health and all the vaccinations..... IS this true??? am going to do a search myself and check but just thought i'd ask here first....

Thanks all

Kate
Definitely not true. Pets need to be quarantined if they're coming from the UK.
For more info --> http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...200060A1B01896
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:43 pm
Madwoman

Originally Posted by Ulujain
Definitely not true. Pets need to be quarantined if they're coming from the UK.
For more info --> http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...200060A1B01896

I thought as much and i shall enjoy rubbing this one in my bro's face!!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:56 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katyjoy
Hi everyone,

Thanks all

Kate
Got all excited then! BUT I think they do have to have 30 days quarantine... must admit not looking forward to that bit much but at least it gives you time to get yourself sorted before bringing the pets home.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 3:02 pm
Madwoman

Originally Posted by bridiej
Got all excited then! BUT I think they do have to have 30 days quarantine... must admit not looking forward to that bit much but at least it gives you time to get yourself sorted before bringing the pets home.
That is true Bridie. What animals are you bringing over? I am bringing my Dalmatian and my two cats. Really not looking forward to leaving any of my babies for the 30 days in quarrantine and am quite worried about how they will cope.

Kate