Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

QUARANTINE - OUR DOG HAS DIED

QUARANTINE - OUR DOG HAS DIED

Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: QUARANTINE - OUR DOG HAS DIED

Grief has it's stages, and I am at a stage I'm not able to talk about it at the moment......soz that sounds mad. Just having a hard time over it at the mo.

Hope you are ok Timber, love A xxx
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:14 pm
Emigrated 24/11/07

jellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud of
Default Re: QUARANTINE - OUR DOG HAS DIED

Sorry for your loss Alliekate.

We were lucky Charlie the 13 yr old shih tzu made it but not without a struggle. We had two kennel maids who's mobiles never seemed to be switched on, and when we eventually picked him up he was 2 kilos lighter which is a huge amount given his normal weight is 7kilos! He is great now though (even with heart failure) but I must say they must have coped with his meds as he was OK each day as far as I know.

Anyway - nothing compares to losing a dog ~ only time can make the pain lighter.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

That's really helpful.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Feb 14th 2008 at 2:15 am. Reason: quoting a deleted post.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

no i agree not a very helpful post maybe comments like that you should keep to yourself

Last edited by moneypenny20; Feb 14th 2008 at 2:16 am. Reason: Quoting a deleted post.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:31 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
no i agree not a very helpful post maybe comments like that you should keep to yourself
Might have made people think about bringing pets here. They are PETS not kids and look at the heartache she'd have saved herself
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Might have made people think about bringing pets here. They are PETS not kids and look at the heartache she'd have saved herself
That's true, but it's easy to make the right decisions in hindsight. Thousands of dogs make the journey every year without problems.
I think, for me anyway, it wasn't so much what you said as the way that you said it; particularly when the poster in question is obviously very upset and struggling to deal with what has happened to her. It just could have been put in a much nicer way, that's all.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:37 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
That's true, but it's easy to make the right decisions in hindsight. Thousands of dogs make the journey every year without problems.
I think, for me anyway, it wasn't so much what you said as the way that you said it; particularly when the poster in question is obviously very upset and struggling to deal with what has happened to her. It just could have been put in a much nicer way, that's all.
It was before Xmas - time to get over it I thought
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

It was before Xmas - time to get over it I thought
I don't like too much sentimentality over pets either, but it's a personal thing and for some people pets are the closest thing they have to children and they can be extrememly upset after an unexpected death.
Everyone reacts in different ways and deals with their feelings differently.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:53 am
Banned

I don't like too much sentimentality over pets either, but it's a personal thing and for some people pets are the closest thing they have to children and they can be extrememly upset after an unexpected death.
Everyone reacts in different ways and deals with their feelings differently.
No-one objects to a different opinion (unless it's Moneypen of course ) unless the opinion is delivered without a spoonful of syrup to help it down
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
But then you'd have nothing to whinge about
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

No-one objects to a different opinion (unless it's Moneypen of course ) unless the opinion is delivered without a spoonful of syrup to help it down
I know what you mean - I get fed up with it too sometimes. I suppose we all have to try and walk the fine line between sickeningly syrupy and bluntly abrupt. I think you just wobbled a bit to the latter side with that post!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:45 am
Banned

I know what you mean - I get fed up with it too sometimes. I suppose we all have to try and walk the fine line between sickeningly syrupy and bluntly abrupt. I think you just wobbled a bit to the latter side with that post!
Nah, my feet are firmly on the latter side in all these matters - it would be a big leap for me to even get close to the line, and even then I'd still be on my side of it
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. Alliekate the OP has already stated she's not going to get involved in this discussion anymore so I think it's probably time to close this up.