Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Quarantine confiscation

Quarantine confiscation

Old Nov 10th 2006, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quarantine confiscation

My sister often sends me strange things through the post.

Yesterday I received an A3 padded envelope with Quarantine stickers all over it..and nothing but a quarantine letter inside.
It appears she sent our cat an advent calendar, so he could enjoy the countdown to Christmas, but it was confiscated. The nice letter advised me that for the bargain price of 50 bucks I could have the calendar sent back to the sender!

Poor cat can just sniff the envelope now....how will he know when it is Christmas Day?
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine confiscation

Originally Posted by Pomster

Yesterday I received an A3 padded envelope with Quarantine stickers all over it..and nothing but a quarantine letter inside.
It appears she sent our cat an advent calendar, so he could enjoy the countdown to Christmas, but it was confiscated. The nice letter advised me that for the bargain price of 50 bucks I could have the calendar sent back to the sender!

Poor cat can just sniff the envelope now....how will he know when it is Christmas Day?
pmsl cat's advent calender - yeah right Did you not see Border Control the other night
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

no- what was on it?
Cats smuggling heroin?
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

no- what was on it?
Cats smuggling heroin?
Close - a coffee pot was
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Close - a coffee pot was
...smuggling a cat?

I must get out more...
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

...smuggling a cat?

I must get out more...
lol cocaine or heroin can't remember which

someone was smuggling lizards out though - poor little things bit sad but they all lived so hooray
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

someone was smuggling lizards out though - poor little things bit sad but they all lived so hooray
missed the coffee pot

felt sorry for those poor lizards, some people are just plain stupid and cruel
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:33 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Was it one of those advent calendars that have bits of chocolate behind every door - but a cat version, with lumps of rabbit, duck and tuna whiskas?
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chels
Was it one of those advent calendars that have bits of chocolate behind every door - but a cat version, with lumps of rabbit, duck and tuna whiskas?
No idea - as the envelope was empty bar a letter from AQIS telling me that it was impounded. Bet the sniffer dog was excited to find that piece of mail!

Maybe I will make the cat something to make up for his disappointment. You should see his little face as he rarely gets any mail of his own.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:39 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

No idea - as the envelope was empty bar a letter from AQIS telling me that it was impounded. Bet the sniffer dog was excited to find that piece of mail!

Maybe I will make the cat something to make up for his disappointment. You should see his little face as he rarely gets any mail of his own.
You should send a letter to Santa on his behalf - he'll get a letter back asking if he's been a good boy and to enjoy his presents.

Failing that, get him on the mailing lists for credit cards, insurance companies, health funds...
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

my H is convinced the cat is amazingly intelligent, so getting him (cat not husband) to wade through his own junk mail is a good indicator of a discerning nature.

Let me through to the mailing lists- it will give cat something useful to do with his days rather than napping in the sun.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:44 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

What became of the chap from Darwin (West China) couldnt remember his school, where he used to live etc.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:48 am
Mozzie magnet

my H is convinced the cat is amazingly intelligent, so getting him (cat not husband) to wade through his own junk mail is a good indicator of a discerning nature.

Let me through to the mailing lists- it will give cat something useful to do with his days rather than napping in the sun.
It sounds like something your cat and husband could do together
Old Nov 10th 2006, 5:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by thebears
What became of the chap from Darwin (West China) couldnt remember his school, where he used to live etc.
got slung out and told not to try that again for three years
Old Nov 10th 2006, 10:43 am
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

The usual AQUIS bulldust. They cant help it can they? Little Hitlers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.