Reload this Page >

Quantity Surveying jobs

Quantity Surveying jobs

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:48 am
Just Joined

hollyanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quantity Surveying jobs

Hi

I was just wondering how easy it is to get a QS job in oz and if it is worth going to the expo in october to look for sponsorship?, we are desperate to get out of the uk and would like to move asap!!

Any ideas?

Holly
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 8:08 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quantity Surveying jobs

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558696

take a look
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Holly,

Piece of piss, they are crying out for them. I happen to be a QS by trade.

Try:

www.aiqs.com.au for a list of firms throughout Oz and email them your resume direct ...

Or if it's a contractor position you're after go to www.seek.com.au

Search Construction Jobs, sub heading Contract Administration (Aussie QS's if you like) ...

Originally Posted by hollyanne
Hi

I was just wondering how easy it is to get a QS job in oz and if it is worth going to the expo in october to look for sponsorship?, we are desperate to get out of the uk and would like to move asap!!

Any ideas?

Holly
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Holly,

Piece of piss, they are crying out for them. I happen to be a QS by trade.

Try:

www.aiqs.com.au for a list of firms throughout Oz and email them your resume direct ...

Or if it's a contractor position you're after go to www.seek.com.au

Search Construction Jobs, sub heading Contract Administration (Aussie QS's if you like) ...

"There's is alot of that.

Hello, I'm a Quantity Surveyor."

Sorry, old Ben Elton Joke (or possibly Hugh Laurie)

JTL
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Try being a "Quantity Surveyor from the Isle of Man" like moi ...

Bean counting inbred ...

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

JTL
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

pawpaw is an unknown quantity at this point

can this construction boom last well into 2009- think I can only be there next year?

Have been reading up about Ozz QS profession- from what i gathered- the QS is not treated very well and respected there?

Can anyone in the profession comment, please?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

JTL
Thanks for the info its a main contractor position i am after all i can seem to find are pqs jobs.

How are you finding being a qs in oz?
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

cambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant future

Hi

OH is a QS, we came over here sponsored on a 457 visa back in March. Got job through a recruitment guy at the London Expo in the previous Nov. They are sponsoring us for Permanent visa. The company have employed many from overseas recently.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cambridge lot
Hi

OH is a QS, we came over here sponsored on a 457 visa back in March. Got job through a recruitment guy at the London Expo in the previous Nov. They are sponsoring us for Permanent visa. The company have employed many from overseas recently.

That's great does OH work for a contractor or pqs company? we are going to the London expo in Oct so fingers crossed!

Where abouts are you living and how are you finding it?
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

cambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant futurecambridge lot has a brilliant future

OH works for one of the biggest pqs firms in Brisbane, we live in Forest Lake, take 1 hour on bus to get to work, have just bought house and that will reduce to 40 mins.

He is enjoying the work, different to what he done in UK, there was Assoc for big firm in London, lot less stressed.

We have been here 6 months, really enjoying everything, kids have settled well.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cambridge lot
OH works for one of the biggest pqs firms in Brisbane, we live in Forest Lake, take 1 hour on bus to get to work, have just bought house and that will reduce to 40 mins.

He is enjoying the work, different to what he done in UK, there was Assoc for big firm in London, lot less stressed.

We have been here 6 months, really enjoying everything, kids have settled well.
Would you say life is better in oz we want to move for our kids they are only 2yrs and 10mths but i dont think they have much of a future in th UK why did you move?

My OH is looking for a main contractor position as that is what he does in the UK.

So pleased that you are enjoying it as you hear so many horror stories!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Try being a "Quantity Surveyor from the Isle of Man" like moi ...

Bean counting inbred ...
Well then in your case the joke should go:

There's alot of brothers, cousins, uncles, sisters, aunties, daughters of uncles, sons of aunties brothers, sons and daughters of cousins here.

Oh hello I'm a quantity surveyor, and I must be in the Isle of Man.

JTL
Old Sep 24th 2008, 11:08 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hollyanne
Would you say life is better in oz we want to move for our kids they are only 2yrs and 10mths but i dont think they have much of a future in th UK why did you move?

My OH is looking for a main contractor position as that is what he does in the UK.

So pleased that you are enjoying it as you hear so many horror stories!

You may find that contractors are unlikely to sponsor a QS, it will more commonly be the PQS companies at the expos who will take you on on a 457 or if you are lucky an ENS visa. But you never know...

You need to be wary of comments about your kids having no future in UK - you need to try and quantify those reasons and honestly ask if another country will be any different?

Good luck in your search

Steve

Last edited by stevemich; Sep 24th 2008 at 11:25 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

3littlefigs will become famous soon enough

My company is looking for QS's (PQS) and will sponser for suitable candidates. We are a Britsh based firm and have offices in most locations throughout Australia. Email me your CV along with preferred location and timescale and I will see what I can do.

Regards

Matt

Last edited by Dorothy; Sep 29th 2008 at 12:45 am. Reason: email address removed. Please use PM function
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

ketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really niceketty is just really nice

Does anybody know, if the so called London Expo will be this year in November, too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.