Old Mar 13th 2005, 4:32 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quality of life.

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Everybody knows now!
lol
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ninijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by fraser
Yep! I think i'll go back to bed now
Hi Fraser,
Seen your avatar a number of times which always makes me laugh out load! However just noticed your are in Essex and Mel bound, where in Essex are you? Hubby and i are in Chelmsford and going to Mel this August.

Cheers
Janine (and Jon)
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:21 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ninijon
Hi Fraser,
Seen your avatar a number of times which always makes me laugh out load! However just noticed your are in Essex and Mel bound, where in Essex are you? Hubby and i are in Chelmsford and going to Mel this August.

Cheers
Janine (and Jon)

We're in Hainault
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Ninijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by fraser
We're in Hainault
ahh,

When are you going out to Mel and where do you think you'll end up living?
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:56 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ninijon
ahh,

When are you going out to Mel and where do you think you'll end up living?

Not sure on either count at least 4 weeks untill we get visa, then we've got to sell the house. We've been looking at living in SE suburbs but that changes by the week. Where are you thinking of settling?
Old Mar 13th 2005, 9:40 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Do you ever sleep Phoenix?

He,he....was in bed when you wrote this

Am wide awake now though [don't need much sleep after years of sleep deprivation ]

Old Mar 13th 2005, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
You've summed Brissy up there Wayne. It's obvious you did your homework. We noticed the lack of high rise buildings too and also liked the idea and the Aussie people are great too and like anywhere I suppose, you get back what you put in so to speak

As for the visa. I guess you've gone for a skilled Ind visa and are almost at the end then i.e it's due in June/July? To be honest, this is probably y9ur best bet as it's less stressful i.e with a 457 I think you'd have to be with an employer for a certain amount of time [2 years?]...and given this is a different culture etc..then it's sometimes hard to have to stay with someone for your first two years that you are happy with. At least with an independant visa you can pick and choose and if you don'tlike..then move on
Good Morning

I'm here on a 457, (arrived just over 2 months ago), but have decided to apply for PR straight away - the job I was given was not what I asked for - and like you say, am tied to the employer for 2 years and have to work full-time. While the security was inviting when I first applied - over time it has become less important in a sense. As a nurse, I am pretty sure of being able to get work wherever - and so have decided that PR is the best route, even at this early stage.
It will give me the freedom of working where I want, and work the hours I want to too (I'll go down to part-time hours asap)
There is more to life than work - as long as I can pay the bills, eat, and be happy in the work that I do, then I'll be satisfied.

Cas
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:31 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Good Morning

I'm here on a 457, (arrived just over 2 months ago), but have decided to apply for PR straight away - the job I was given was not what I asked for - and like you say, am tied to the employer for 2 years and have to work full-time. While the security was inviting when I first applied - over time it has become less important in a sense. As a nurse, I am pretty sure of being able to get work wherever - and so have decided that PR is the best route, even at this early stage.
It will give me the freedom of working where I want, and work the hours I want to too (I'll go down to part-time hours asap)
There is more to life than work - as long as I can pay the bills, eat, and be happy in the work that I do, then I'll be satisfied.

Cas
Good morning [the country that never sleeps eh ]

I'm amazed you went for this option Cas as they seem to be crying out for nurses here. You'd have no problem getting a perm visa I'd have thought. I also believe nurses are fast tracked aren't they.....so wondered why you'd tie yourself in to a temp working visa?

I know a couple of people who have got themsleves 457 temp working visa's [one in IT and another in Engineering] and both said it's been extra stress having to work for an employer for two years when all they've wanted to do is move on to the next job. But hey ho...sometimes it's the best option and I suppose two years is not a long time. Anyways, seems everyone has to sacrifice something or another to get here. And as you say Cas......it's worth it

Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

Good morning [the country that never sleeps eh ]

I'm amazed you went for this option Cas as they seem to be crying out for nurses here. You'd have no problem getting a perm visa I'd have thought. I also believe nurses are fast tracked aren't they.....so wondered why you'd tie yourself in to a temp working visa?

I know a couple of people who have got themsleves 457 temp working visa's [one in IT and another in Engineering] and both said it's been extra stress having to work for an employer for two years when all they've wanted to do is move on to the next job. But hey ho...sometimes it's the best option and I suppose two years is not a long time. Anyways, seems everyone has to sacrifice something or another to get here. And as you say Cas......it's worth it
I wonder why I did it myself !!!
Anyway, hopefully the PR will be granted very soon (applied 3 weeks ago) and then I can move on with my plans.

Got to go to work in a bit, so I'm going to have a coffee and a cig in the garden before I do so.
See you later, Cas
Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:39 am
Phoenixuk2oz

I wonder why I did it myself !!!
Anyway, hopefully the PR will be granted very soon (applied 3 weeks ago) and then I can move on with my plans.

Got to go to work in a bit, so I'm going to have a coffee and a cig in the garden before I do so.
See you later, Cas
You'll have no probs with a perm visa. You're in demand girl

Anyways you're here and not gonna go back unless they deport you

Enjoy the ciggie and coffee and try not to work too hard

Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he gets bored and buggars off.... so it's him that's abandoned the previous owners

He maybe likes you and chose you ....rather than the other way round

Do you get vetted like in UK? and does it cost anything to get them from the rescue homes?
I don't think he would run away, he is so clingy, he sticks to us like glue and has a panic attack if he can't find one of us. Unless his previous owners were abusive which made him run away

It was definitely love at first sight for Mrs JTL and Jock... I was looking at staffies and other short haired breeds more suited to the climate here, but she couldn't see passed Jock, and he did really take to us.

They make you fill in a form asking some questions about dog ownership and your property to see if its suitable. I think they also observed us when we took Jock around the paddock to see if we could handle him. On the form you also agree that they can come and visit you to see how the dog is getting on. (they never have tho). They have a section on their website where you can send updates of how their dogs are getting on, and read other peoples updates.

http://www.awlqld.com.au/pastguestdogs.htm

(Its disturbing how many dogs are able to type )

Cost is $135, and for that you get a fully vaccinated, wormed dog, with a vets certificate stating dog is healthy or any minor defects they have found. They also have a money back thing, if you bring it back within 2 weeks.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:33 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I don't think he would run away, he is so clingy, he sticks to us like glue and has a panic attack if he can't find one of us. Unless his previous owners were abusive which made him run away

It was definitely love at first sight for Mrs JTL and Jock... I was looking at staffies and other short haired breeds more suited to the climate here, but she couldn't see passed Jock, and he did really take to us.
Cheers,
JTL
Awww what a lovely outcome after his sad begining. It's obvious Jock has found happiness and vice versa

Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Awww what a lovely outcome after his sad begining. It's obvious Jock has found happiness and vice versa
Definitely I love dogs and once Mrs JTL made the decision then that was it.

The wee guy is great, he has a few issues (he's very timid, doesn't like boisterous play, noise, plastic bags etc). But on the other hand, he likes to bark at other dogs. Its the chance you take when you get a stray..

We love him and he makes us happy every night, hes the clingyist most loving dog you could find. I wouldn't change him for the world now. We still wonder about the 3 previous owners, "what were they thinking!". I just think we were lucky, but thats not to say they aren't load of brilliant dogs at the Animal Welfare League. Please check them out before going to breeders.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:07 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

This is very deep Cas

Can I get you a drink
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by walla1
This is very deep Cas

Can I get you a drink
I felt deep - no rude comments are necessary!!

Drink would be lovely - see you in the pub in a bit

Cas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.