Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

qualifications - whats the aussie equivilent??

qualifications - whats the aussie equivilent??

Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:42 pm
JME

Juanita has a brilliant futureJuanita has a brilliant futureJuanita has a brilliant futureJuanita has a brilliant futureJuanita has a brilliant futureJuanita has a brilliant future
Default qualifications - whats the aussie equivilent??

Hi there,
does anyone know what the equivilent qualifications are in Oz for UK qualifications (boyfriend is doing his CV at the mo and I thought it would be useful if he put on his CV what the qualifications were equivalent to in Oz). I know from excessive watching of neighbours and home and away that they do something called the HSC - is this the same as A levels? What about GCSEs - is ther an equivalent for this? and also with degrees - would you say that you had a degree 'with honours' and do they have the same grading system as us (i.e. 2:1, 2:2 etc)

A boring post I know but any advice much appreciated guys!!

Juanita
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:59 pm
blossom

Default Re: qualifications - whats the aussie equivilent??

I am sure someone will post with the info you require, but from memory of when my daughter was at school in NSW, the HSC is equivalent to A Level and school certificate is equivalent of GCSE. Not sure of degrees.

Blossom

Old Apr 27th 2005, 4:52 pm
JME

Juanita has a brilliant futureJuanita has a brilliant futureJuanita has a brilliant futureJuanita has a brilliant futureJuanita has a brilliant futureJuanita has a brilliant future

anyone know an answer to the degree question?
Old Apr 27th 2005, 9:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juanita

anyone know an answer to the degree question?
I would say that a degree in Australia is the same as a degree in the UK or wherever. I was never asked what mine was the equivalent of
Old Apr 27th 2005, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

storerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of light

Juanita, I have got a copy of the 'Country Educational Profile for the UK' from NOOSR and have copied the following info which should help.

UK OZ

Bachelor Degree Bachelor Degree
Bachelor Degree with Honours, second class or above Honours Degree
Postgraduate Diploma Postgraduate Diploma
BTEC HND (Higher National Diploma) TAFE Diploma
BTEC HNC (Higher National Certificate) TAFE Associate Diploma
BTEC National Diploma TAFE Associate Diploma
BTEC National Certificate TAFE Advanced Certificate

Regards storerg