Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qld to poach more UK nurses

Qld to poach more UK nurses

Old May 13th 2007, 3:51 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Qld to poach more UK nurses

The Queensland government wants to poach more UK nurses to fill workforce shortages within the public health system.

Health Minister Stephen Robertson said more nurses would be approached next month to fill key vacancy areas following the success of the last UK recruitment drive in March.

The Age
Old May 13th 2007, 5:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qld to poach more UK nurses

Originally Posted by rodders39
The Queensland government wants to poach more UK nurses to fill workforce shortages within the public health system.
It will be interesting to see what kind of visa sponsorship they offer - temporary or permanent.
Old May 13th 2007, 5:48 am
Banned

cufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAJ
It will be interesting to see what kind of visa sponsorship they offer - temporary or permanent.
They will offer both temp or perm, i work for them... have worked in uk, nz and Oz withouth doubt th worst organisation i have worked for a very sick health service!!!
Old May 13th 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

well that's comforting to know as I've just accepted a job with queensland health!!!
Old May 13th 2007, 9:40 am
Banned

cufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kerikerr
well that's comforting to know as I've just accepted a job with queensland health!!!
Sorry to burst your excitement, but QH is renowned to be 20 years behind the rest of OZ, very aggressive management style at all levels. high levels of incompetence and for staff working on the floor the most unsupportive place ive seen and im a unit manager. This is not bitterness purely objective, you could have an experienced nurse with 15 years good experience and very skilled from overseeas and they are treated like beginners where Aussie nurse 1 year out of training if studying for masters treated like demi-god. As for professional development youre on your own.
Old May 13th 2007, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39

Health Minister Stephen Robertson said more nurses would be approached next month to fill key vacancy areas following the success of the last UK recruitment drive in March.

The Age
nice to see someone throwing beleaguered uk nurses a lifeline. surely nothing can be worse than nhs in the uk today
Old May 13th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cufc
Sorry to burst your excitement, but QH is renowned to be 20 years behind the rest of OZ, very aggressive management style at all levels. high levels of incompetence and for staff working on the floor the most unsupportive place ive seen and im a unit manager. This is not bitterness purely objective, you could have an experienced nurse with 15 years good experience and very skilled from overseeas and they are treated like beginners where Aussie nurse 1 year out of training if studying for masters treated like demi-god. As for professional development youre on your own.
Totally agree. But what an opportunity to improve wards/units for the benefit of the patients and staff. It is, I have found a very unsupportive environment for junior staff. Luckily I too have a senior post. I have no qualms about opening my mouth and being heard. I have been given £2000 over 2 years for professional development as have all the nurses I work with. The system appears to be around 20 to 25 years behind the NHS.
May be a bit of a struggle !!!
Lou
Old May 13th 2007, 11:12 am
Just Joined

adeleakid is an unknown quantity at this point

hello Lou,
Well I have 6 yrs in icu and have also been treated like a half wit.
Spoken to like just come out of training. This has not helped towards me making the decision of going back to the old NHS in the UK. At least i will get my 8 weeks and 1 days hol back and not have to work six months to accumilate 82 hrs. Also good sick allowance in NHS. Here 14 hrs accumilated since Nov 06.. Not that i am a sick note. Ridiculous the holiday and sick system
Old May 13th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adeleakid
hello Lou,
Spoken to like just come out of training. This has not helped towards me making the decision of going back to the old NHS in the UK. At least i will get my 8 weeks and 1 days hol back and not have to work six months to accumilate 82 hrs. Also good sick allowance in NHS. Here 14 hrs accumilated since Nov 06.. Not that i am a sick note. Ridiculous the holiday and sick system
Hey sweetie,
So you've made up your mind then. I'll miss ya!!!
Lou x
Old May 13th 2007, 11:24 am
Banned

hello Lou,
nice to some people agree, it is a hostile working environment...'team' is not in the professional dictionary. 4 years enough for me.
Has made me want to leave health all together
Old May 13th 2007, 11:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cufc
nice to some people agree, it is a hostile working environment...'team' is not in the professional dictionary. 4 years enough for me.
Has made me want to leave health all together
is it the same in other states
Old May 13th 2007, 11:28 am
Just Joined

My mate works in Freo in Perth and says it is very behind the times there too.
Dont know about any other state.
Shame really cos i truly love Aus and will always have fond memories of my life here. Feel like i have retired early. Very bored with my life here
Old May 13th 2007, 11:31 am
Banned

My mate works in Freo in Perth and says it is very behind the times there too.
Dont know about any other state.
Shame really cos i truly love Aus and will always have fond memories of my life here. Feel like i have retired early. Very bored with my life here
i assume youre in adelaide, i agree oz is a great place...is the SA health system crap too... i was thinking of heading that way after 4 years of professional death in queensland
Old May 13th 2007, 11:37 am
Just Joined

I am in Brisbane.
Beautiful i must be mad going home.
Old May 13th 2007, 11:40 am
Banned

I am in Brisbane.
Beautiful i must be mad going home.
another happy qh employee like me!!!. going home is coming more and more to my mind... i agree qld beautiful place but work is utter shite!! good luck with your choices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.