Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

QLD how do you do it?! LOL

QLD how do you do it?! LOL

Old Mar 29th 2005, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice
Default QLD how do you?

Hope you all had a nice easter and how do you eat your cadburies cream eggs!

has any1 DIYed it to Queensland and if so (what visa, where are you and how do you find 'living in paradise'? does it still stay as paradise or does it spoile the image of 'paradise'?

does any 1 know who the midvife is that was from the uk specifically NEWCASTLE cant find her or any of her threads ???

Last edited by sam mick kurt; Mar 29th 2005 at 6:51 am.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of
Default Re: QLD how do you?

Originally Posted by sam mick kurt

has any1 DIYed it to Queensland and if so (what visa, where are you and how do you find 'living in paradise'? does it still stay as paradise or does it spoile the image of 'paradise'?

does any 1 know who the midvife is that was from the uk specifically NEWCASTLE cant find her or any of her threads ???
Hello! Do you mean me? I'm a midwife from Newcastle now on the Sunshine Coast. I did an update 'one month on the sunshine coast' and am about to do another update - so look out for it. How are things in Newcastle? We were looking a photos sent by our mates last night of the places and bars we used to go to.
Rachel
Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

There are lots of us here in Queensland who got our visas by "diy" - mine is a spouse visa - but please don't come here with the idea that you will be living in Paradise - Queensland may be lovely, but nowhere is paradise!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Talking Re: QLD how do you?

she's seen the light and moved to SUNDERLAND !!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pazza
she's seen the light and moved to SUNDERLAND !!
Ha Ha Ha . No chance!
Rachel
Old Mar 29th 2005, 11:27 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

not ALL of queensland is paradise, but i think i found the bit that is up by cairns over easter.

if only there was a need for IT people up in cairns!!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There are lots of us here in Queensland who got our visas by "diy" - mine is a spouse visa - but please don't come here with the idea that you will be living in Paradise - Queensland may be lovely, but nowhere is paradise!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice

Originally Posted by RReed
Ha Ha Ha . No chance!
Rachel
here is some karma for being a goerdie!!!!!
Old Mar 30th 2005, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

here is some karma for being a goerdie!!!!!
Thanks given you some back. As my Geordie husband points out: I may have lived in Newcastle all my life but I was born in Portsmouth making me a Southerner.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 11:19 am
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

We arranged the visa ourselves and have now been in Brisbane for the last two months.

There's nothing technically difficult about doing it yourself but you will need:

- time
- patience
- an eye for detail
- a relatively straightforward case

If you don't have the above then I'd advise you to go for an agent as they'll save you a lot of time and possibly money. You only have to read these forums to see how often people are confused and tripped up by the arcane rules. A good place to start for agents would be Alan Collett and George Lombard who regularly contribute on these forums and receive positive feedback on their services.

As for QLD - the whole family are loving it so far. The weather's great, the people are friendly and Brisbane is far more "liveable" than London. But migration isn't for everyone so make sure you think it all through before you take the plunge.

Good luck

GLR