Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qld Govt job help

Qld Govt job help

Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:29 am
Just Joined

cgreen will become famous soon enoughcgreen will become famous soon enough
Default Qld Govt job help

I am will be returning to Brisbane at the end of July and have spotted a job with the Qld government I would like to apply for. Does anyone know if they would even select a possible candidate if they are not in the country? Has anyone had any experience with Qld government jobs?
I have emailed the HR people and they only return a generic email without actually answering my question.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qld Govt job help

Originally Posted by cgreen
I am will be returning to Brisbane at the end of July and have spotted a job with the Qld government I would like to apply for. Does anyone know if they would even select a possible candidate if they are not in the country? Has anyone had any experience with Qld government jobs?
I have emailed the HR people and they only return a generic email without actually answering my question.
Depends on the department, but there is no reason why they will automatically count you out just because you aren't here yet. I worked with a British lady who landed a good government job (about AO5 level) before getting here
It will vary even within the dept though, so your best bet is to email the individual contact on each job and explain your individual circumstances. They will know what they are prepared to consider far more than the HR people will

Good luck!