Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

QLD: Exterior of House "Colour Scheme" ???

QLD: Exterior of House "Colour Scheme" ???

Old Jan 20th 2008, 1:56 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all
Default QLD: Exterior of House "Colour Scheme" ???

I'm not sure if anyone can help. We're in the process of having a house built in Townsville, but we're not going to be there until August. Gladly it's looking like most of the choices for options can be made when we get there. But we've now been told that we need to agree the external colour scheme before the plans get sent of to the council for approval. Apprently something will be posted to us to help, but I'm not sure what to expect and how much use it will be.

Apprently we can decide the colour of just about anything: roof, gutter, downpipes, windows, walls, garage etc...

We've been to townsville before and seen lots of great looking houses. But we've also seen plenty of houses where 'choice' was given to people when it perhaps would have been best not to, if you know what I mean.

We don't want anything too flash or colourful, just something neutral.

Does anyone know of any good builders websites that show a range of colour schemes or options?

The other thing I can't get my head around is the security/fly screens on the doors and windows. I can see why they're are needed - but just think they look so ugly. We noticed last August that alot of the show homes didn't have any - the builders obviously realise that the show homes look more desirable without them...

How much range do you have when it comes to options for windows like this? Can the colour of security screens be specified as well?

Cheers in advance for any pointers or info anyone can offer,
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: QLD: Exterior of House "Colour Scheme" ???

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
I'm not sure if anyone can help. We're in the process of having a house built in Townsville, but we're not going to be there until August. Gladly it's looking like most of the choices for options can be made when we get there. But we've now been told that we need to agree the external colour scheme before the plans get sent of to the council for approval. Apprently something will be posted to us to help, but I'm not sure what to expect and how much use it will be.

Apprently we can decide the colour of just about anything: roof, gutter, downpipes, windows, walls, garage etc...

We've been to townsville before and seen lots of great looking houses. But we've also seen plenty of houses where 'choice' was given to people when it perhaps would have been best not to, if you know what I mean.

We don't want anything too flash or colourful, just something neutral.

Does anyone know of any good builders websites that show a range of colour schemes or options?

The other thing I can't get my head around is the security/fly screens on the doors and windows. I can see why they're are needed - but just think they look so ugly. We noticed last August that alot of the show homes didn't have any - the builders obviously realise that the show homes look more desirable without them...

How much range do you have when it comes to options for windows like this? Can the colour of security screens be specified as well?

Cheers in advance for any pointers or info anyone can offer,
You don't say whay type of house you're building, but we've just moved into a new Queenslander and we used the dulux website to choose the type of house and then the exterior colours - its www.mycolour.com.au - and you can change the colour on the walls, roof, guttering, doors, windows, etc. and it gives you an overall idea of what the colours will look like together.

We didn't have fly screens included in the price and were reluctant to buy them too quickly anyway. I wanted to get something a bit different and more in keeping with the house so I'm just about to get some quotes now that we've been in the house a few weeks. (Have just had to live without them up to now )

Anyway, HTH? Michelle x
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:39 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Cheers Michelle, that looks like a pretty useful website, I'll have a play...

We're having a modern surburban 'lego-land' type house built, here's a photo of the show home:
Attached Thumbnails QLD: Exterior of House "Colour Scheme" ???-cimg0517.jpg  
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:43 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

On most contemporary houses. that i work on and have seen...

guttering same colour as roof.

downpipe same colour as fascia ( which is usually matched close to wall colour )

Ste