Qld

Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice
Default Qld

(Trade is wall and floor tiler) its a trade thats what counts! The problem is, on a SIR it states that you have to live and work within that state that nominates you for at least 2 yrs!

say maroochy shire council sponsor him where would he be able to work ?

But PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS IT GOT ME GOING INSANE!!!!!!!!!

Q How does this effect a tradesman? who works for a company within that state/territory (maroochy), and that company takes on a contract outside that (state/territory OUTSIDE OF MAROOCHY) (WHICH I GUESS WOULD BE COMMONPLACE WITHIN THE TRADES INDUSTRY IF IT'S A LARGE FIRM!)and expects you (being an employee of his business) to go to work which happens to be in another state or territory???
HOW DOES IT WORK PLEASE HELP

done a previous post on this but it went off on a tangent!!!
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:28 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qld

Interesting question - and worth asking DIMIA themselves or a good agent.

But you'd hope this would be reasonable?

- your home is your residence/where you live, this is where your family are , your stuff is, and you live when not working. This is not 'digs' whilst working on a contract 4 nights a week somewhere. So long as your home remained in the sponsoring area then thats one thing out of the way.

- provided you were primarily employed (your 'place of work' ) was in the designated area or your employers office from which you were based, was in the area then again that would seem to be reasonable. ie you are 'employed' by Company XYZ at their 'ZBD office' which is in the sponsored area.

perhaps this will help you frame the question to dimia ? Ring their enquiry line if you want to do it anonymously.

To turn it on its head - Qld govt would have to stop a customer-service-rep in his van outside the brisbane city limits because he's not allowed to 'carry out work' inside the cbd? I cant see it being enforcable.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:25 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by spalen
- provided you were primarily employed (your 'place of work' ) was in the designated area or your employers office from which you were based, was in the area then again that would seem to be reasonable. ie you are 'employed' by Company XYZ at their 'ZBD office' which is in the sponsored area.
I am sure the above would be the right interpretation.

The rules are designed to help growth in these other areas, and anything other than that interpretation would be unfair on the companies being encouraged to start up and employ people in those areas.

Now for a funny interpretation:
The ATO comes calling for their % at the end of the year, you ask them if it is regarding your job/income etc., they have to say Yes.
Then you ask if they are based in your "regional" area ? They probably aren't, therefore you say you aren't allowed to have dealings with them, so they must leave you alone

Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:19 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I am sure the above would be the right interpretation.

The rules are designed to help growth in these other areas, and anything other than that interpretation would be unfair on the companies being encouraged to start up and employ people in those areas.

Now for a funny interpretation:
The ATO comes calling for their % at the end of the year, you ask them if it is regarding your job/income etc., they have to say Yes.
Then you ask if they are based in your "regional" area ? They probably aren't, therefore you say you aren't allowed to have dealings with them, so they must leave you alone
Cool : Can I change my 136 visa to an STNI one ? I'll do the test case.