Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

QE2 in Freo today

QE2 in Freo today

Old Feb 16th 2005, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default QE2 in Freo today

Had this date in my diary since we left our house in Southampton last June (had fabulous views of her and QM2 from front of house) and keeps turning up so has become special to us - 2 yrs ago in Sydney we walked down to Rocks and turned the corner, she was there and our leaving bbq at our local country park in Netley, they both sailed up the Solent together so everyone waved them off and us

So for anyone interested, QE2 is in all day and sails out at 6pm, Oliver and I will be down there waving (poor Graham bogged down with work again, can't make it ) and sure will have a little lump in my throat...

Teresa
Old Feb 16th 2005, 11:32 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: QE2 in Freo today

She's a great looking ship. Much nicer than some of the newer, bigger and more modern ones. I'm not in to cruises, maybe later in life, but there is something special about these 2.

It was about this time last year that we saw the QE2 in Sydney harbour, when we lived in the city. Swimming in the olympic pool there was a lot of noise coming from CQ. We got out and stood watching the ship leave the harbour. Amazing.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 11:43 pm
Go Banana's !!

Hi Teresa,

I saw it, I saw it !! I was having dinner with some suppliers from the East Coast in the Indiana tea rooms restaurant last night and was looking out to sea, when I looked up I could see this majestic ship looking like a Xmas tree with all its lights twinkling....bloody fantastic and what a sight !!

Would have loved to see it in the daylight but suippose this will have to do.

Hope you managed to go and see it.

Warren
xx

Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Bloomin ek Wozzy, you're getting to have too much fun at work... what with surfing and tea rooms
Shame we are carless, although toddler is at daycare today anyway. My Grandad went on the QE2 as one of his last trips when I was a girl, so I would love to check her out for real. My folks even have a brass bell thing replica which looked really strange in our hallway when we were kids.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

umm think she's going out tomorrow now, cunard say one thing but freo port authority another

http://www.freport.wa.gov.au/shippin...ction=2&item=4

don't say anything, comes with being from a sea family
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
She's a great looking ship. Much nicer than some of the newer, bigger and more modern ones. I'm not in to cruises, maybe later in life, but there is something special about these 2.

It was about this time last year that we saw the QE2 in Sydney harbour, when we lived in the city. Swimming in the olympic pool there was a lot of noise coming from CQ. We got out and stood watching the ship leave the harbour. Amazing.
its something special to see isn't it,
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Swifts
its something special to see isn't it,
Certainly is. I wonder if it (she?) is on it's(her?) way to Sydney?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 2:20 am
C&V
Sydneysider

C&V is an unknown quantity at this point

We saw her in Sydney last week. Sitting majestically at Circular Quay. Magnificent! A beautiful ship.

C&V
Old Feb 17th 2005, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by C&V
We saw her in Sydney last week. Sitting majestically at Circular Quay. Magnificent! A beautiful ship.

C&V
Damn we missed her then. Must have been early this year.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:27 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the Post Teresa, We would of missed her otherwise.
Off for a look in Freo this evening.
A fine excuse to have dinner down there too
Steve
Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

I know good excuse isn't it, we will head down for afternoon tomorrow instead of tonight now and have eats and watch her sail out
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default Re: QE2

When I was about 12 I was in the sea cadets and we left Portsmouth for Cherbourg on a small training ship, half way across the channel and in the middle of the night we could see this large cigar shape on the Radar screen, we asked the captain what that was he just said wait and see?
In Cherbourg harbour it was now early morning and several hours later we saw the QE2 tie up besides us, she was massive and to a group of kids who were a on (to us any way) a world cruise this was fantastic….it sounds silly now, but then as we walked by the ship we started running as we thought she would roll over and crush us (kids eh)…

Great memory
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:52 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

I know she used to call in at Hong Kong for a few days each year, but that was before the handover. She made everything look so small. She really is beautiful.

Also saw her in New York 2 years ago in May. She was parked next to an aircraft carrier, looked like cinderella with only one ugly sister.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

What a fabulous time we had today seeing the QE2, went into the passenger terminal and everyone was able to get up close, band playing, fly pasts, streamers handed out for her send off and met lots of lovely people, it was great to see her again and was very emotional first off for reasons mentioned above, pulled a few heart strings.........luckily sunnies hide everything.........

We then drove back up here and sat at the cafe on the beach, had tea and watched her sail past in the very distance, am now shattered and very happy bunny..............but I have a new mission in life

Teresa
Old Feb 18th 2005, 12:41 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Now..... Who of you all tried to get on board last night??!!!!

I heard on the news this morning, that 3 people tried to get on, and that didn't work, so they... ehhh... borrowed a forklift(that had it's keys in) and hoisted themselves to a seahole thing.
And they were caught between the paying guests, drinking at the bar

Glad to hear you had a good time Teresa

Last edited by Simone; Feb 18th 2005 at 12:42 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.