British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Qatar airways (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/qatar-airways-758346/)

billymacker May 15th 2012 10:16 am

Qatar airways

Hi

Anybody used business class with Qatar airways, just booked business class flight from manchester to perth one stop in Doha on the new service starting in july whats the service like in business i normaly use emirates.

thanks

Bermudashorts May 15th 2012 10:32 am

Re: Qatar airways

Yes have used business class once to Nepal and once to Tanzania from UK.

I believe it is still one of the few 5* airlines, it is a great service and particularly lovely wine :p . But the beds are not completely flat or were not when I travelled anyway.

I had long stop overs in Doha on both trips, it is a pleasant and very large lounge, but the seating is not particularly comfortable for very long waits.

Hebe May 16th 2012 11:06 am

Originally Posted by billymacker (Post 10061437)
Hi

Anybody used business class with Qatar airways, just booked business class flight from manchester to perth one stop in Doha on the new service starting in july whats the service like in business i normaly use emirates.

thanks

Great service in their business class. Most of the major airlines are pretty good. However would never use Air France again. Worst yet.

mark213 May 17th 2012 3:02 am

very good rep. you have chosen well. Much better than emirates or even qantas

Beoz May 17th 2012 9:19 am

Done them in economy and it was excellent .....

nicktork May 17th 2012 10:09 am

Hi

thanks

I am due to fly Melbourne to Munich with them in Business Class in two weeks time. I'm expecting good things, will let you know.

starwin4u May 17th 2012 10:10 am

Hi

thanks

hh

billymacker May 17th 2012 11:36 am

Originally Posted by mark213 (Post 10065692)
very good rep. you have chosen well. Much better than emirates or even qantas

Hope so, Like i said i always use Emirates business class but i thought i would try them as there flight times was much better, i find British airways and Qantas are crap Singapore are ok but they stop in munich which is no good to me who wants to get on a 14 hour flight only to stop after 1hr.

empty May 17th 2012 3:15 pm

In several occasions, I was upgraded to business class from Kathmandu to Doha on my way to Europe. As one of few five star airlines, it has got wonderful hospitality which is second to none.

rebecca.hartstrom May 17th 2012 9:06 pm

Will choose Qatar Airways first every time. Good choice and I'm sure you won't regret it. :)