Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qantas voted least favourite airline...

Qantas voted least favourite airline...

Old May 28th 2007, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Qantas voted least favourite airline...

..for international travel.

Choice magazine passenger survey just released shows that Qantas is the last choice for passengers due to poor service.

Singapore Airlines voted number 1 (no surprises there), Emirates second. Air NZ third (bit of a surprise to me).

My recent flight to NZ was appalling and every bit as bad as the last time I flew Qantas 7 years ago.

Don't give your money to this excuse for an airline which trades on "But it's Australian!" and "We are the safest!"

A bloated, self-serving, "we're-doing-you-a-favour-by-allowing-you-to-fly-with-us" organisation if ever there was.
Old May 28th 2007, 11:01 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qantas voted least favourite airline...

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2

Choice magazine passenger survey just released shows that Qantas is the last choice for passengers due to poor service.

Singapore Airlines voted number 1 (no surprises there), Emirates second. Air NZ third (bit of a surprise to me).

My recent flight to NZ was appalling and every bit as bad as the last time I flew Qantas 7 years ago.

Don't give your money to this excuse for an airline which trades on "But it's Australian!" and "We are the safest!"

A bloated, self-serving, "we're-doing-you-a-favour-by-allowing-you-to-fly-with-us" organisation if ever there was.
They are a steaming pile of pooh. British Airways with a Kangaroo on the tail. They are protected and mollycoddled by the Federal government and it has not done them any favours. I was hoping that Yank mob was going to take them over recently but it was not to be.
Old May 28th 2007, 11:08 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Just read that too... I haven't flown Qantas since the sixties () when I travelled as an unaccompanied minor to and from Singapore several times while my father was stationed there... At the time it was brilliant with all the attention you'd get, up to the flight deck as a 'Junior Flyer', etc... Those were the days of 4 bods in a tiny little cabin... and more stops on the way than you could shake a stick at...

Was thinking about using them for the regular trips back to the UK, but don't reckon so now...!
Old May 28th 2007, 11:27 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rodders39
Just read that too... I haven't flown Qantas since the sixties () when I travelled as an unaccompanied minor to and from Singapore several times while my father was stationed there... At the time it was brilliant with all the attention you'd get, up to the flight deck as a 'Junior Flyer', etc... Those were the days of 4 bods in a tiny little cabin... and more stops on the way than you could shake a stick at...

Was thinking about using them for the regular trips back to the UK, but don't reckon so now...!
Flew with QANTAS from Melbourne to Perth in 2004 and would never use them again!!! Jetstar(Yes I know owned by QANTAS) gave me better service.
For me I have stuck with Emirates and can not complain. But again its down to personal choice and what mood cabin staff are in.
Gary and Vikky
Old May 28th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I was hoping that Yank mob was going to take them over recently but it was not to be.
Me too.
Old May 28th 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Flew with QANTAS from Melbourne to Perth in 2004 and would never use them again!!! Jetstar(Yes I know owned by QANTAS) gave me better service.
For me I have stuck with Emirates and can not complain. But again its down to personal choice and what mood cabin staff are in.
Gary and Vikky
It's the usual thing though. Australians accepting all of that bull about patriotism and not questioning value for money. That psyche keeps Qantas going.
Old May 28th 2007, 11:53 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

It's the usual thing though. Australians accepting all of that bull about patriotism and not questioning value for money. That psyche keeps Qantas going.
Qantas Internal flights are ok, I think they are better then Virgin Blue especially for the free shuttle buses from international Sydney to domestic Sydney airport. I will never ever use Qantas for longhaul again. Firstly the attitude of the flight attendents towards Chinese passangers was appalling, they treated them like second class citizens, there was no 'service' to speak of whatsoever - you got your food, but other then that nothing, no water came round or other snacks throughout the 10 hour flight. I have had better service with China Eastern at half the price. Have also had major problems with the Qantas office not promoting special offers to expats.

From now on, I will be frequently flying between China and Australia and next week we are using Singapore Airlines, so we will see how we go with them. But Qantas have lost my business for good.
Old May 29th 2007, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Could not agree more. Flew Qantas Long haul once. Never flown with them again. Found flight crew very surly. Cabin service? I don`t think so! Found it hard to understand, that this organization didn't on the face of it put more effort into ensuring that service delivered, is that.... customer service
Old May 29th 2007, 12:14 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I flew Qantas to Hong Kong, and was told by the air hostess (she was sitting opposite us when landing) that they use the lowest number of staff they can legally get away with, thats why the service is so slow.
Old May 29th 2007, 12:17 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I hate that, very bad for the economy because the firms here know they can sell crap overpriced stuff just becuase it's got that sticker on it.

Old May 29th 2007, 12:24 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Yes I hate that, very bad for the economy because the firms here know they can sell crap overpriced stuff just becuase it's got that sticker on it.
They have some kind of hold over the Fed. gov. who protect them from competition.
I think the whole concept of national airlines is rubbish anyway. It's a throwback to the days when they were nationalised. Why should BA be considered as the Uk's national airline? Why not Virgin Atlantic? They are a better airline. It's the same with Qantas.
Old May 29th 2007, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

They have some kind of hold over the Fed. gov. who protect them from competition.
I think the whole concept of national airlines is rubbish anyway. It's a throwback to the days when they were nationalised. Why should BA be considered as the Uk's national airline? Why not Virgin Atlantic? They are a better airline. It's the same with Qantas.
Wait till Labor get in. The unions - the pilots union in particular - have a real hold over Qantas. Just watch what happens to services and prices then. I can envisage a raft of protectionist measures coming in. All the positive signs which we've seen recently with regard to prices will disappear.
Old May 29th 2007, 12:29 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Virgin Atlantic are fantastic, in a sad way I actually look forward more to the Virgin flight experience then arriving back in the UK, sad but true.
Old May 29th 2007, 12:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by C&R
Virgin Atlantic are fantastic, in a sad way I actually look forward more to the Virgin flight experience then arriving back in the UK, sad but true.
The last time I flew with them was from LA to Heathrow on our validation trip a few years ago. They were great. Hot, friendly stewardesses, good food and entertainment system, great with kids. They definitely project a better image for the UK than BA.
Old May 29th 2007, 12:44 am

Not sure becuase the likes of Tiger might open up enought international routes for people to take notice.
A bit like Virgin blue did when they started, Qantas charged a huge amount for internal flights back then. $500 from Brisbane to Sydney.

Wait till Labor get in. The unions - the pilots union in particular - have a real hold over Qantas. Just watch what happens to services and prices then. I can envisage a raft of protectionist measures coming in. All the positive signs which we've seen recently with regard to prices will disappear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.