Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qantas v Malaysian

Qantas v Malaysian

Old Jul 19th 2002, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Pablo Picasso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qantas v Malaysian

Just booking flights out to Perth in August.

Both the above airlines are coming up the same pricewise. Having only flown to Oz with Singapore (and being thoroughly impressed) can anyone give me any constructive comparisons, in relation to quality of service etc between the above two.

We have three young children so any thoughts from families with young children will be most appreciated.

cheers

Paul
Old Jul 19th 2002, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

tipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Qantas v Malaysian

what was the score !
we went with our 3 kids last year,singapore airlines well in order will go with them this year as soon as i get the PR thingy,
theirs my 10 penath.
tipper. (next job lifeguard).
Old Jul 19th 2002, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We've flown Singapore, BA, MAS and Qantas to Oz and MAS comes out tops in our opinion!
Sue
Old Jul 19th 2002, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi
Having only flown out with malaysia can only give our opinion of them , they were brillant , we have two children who enjoyed the flights , food was very good we all had icecreams handed out , all in all excellent service all round.
Joanne
Old Jul 19th 2002, 8:50 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

If you are flying economy - MAS has a seat pitch of 34 inches, (one of the best)and I think Qantas is 31 inches.

Regards,
Cinderella
Old Jul 19th 2002, 9:43 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Pablo.

You might also look at Emirates, who are starting flights directly from Dubai to Perth in a couple of weeks:
http://www.emirates.com/pr/perth_1.asp

Flight time from London to Dubai is about 7 hours and it is then just under 11 hours from Dubai to Perth - all up about 18 hours.

If you fly via SE Asia you are looking at around 13 hours into (say) Singapore, and then another 6 or 7 hours to Perth => you have about 1 or 2 hours less on the aeroplane.

And you can also fly direct from Manchester or Birmingham into Dubai, which means you don't have to connect via Heathrow.

Maybe a possible alternative?

Last edited by Alan Collett; Jul 19th 2002 at 9:47 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2002, 6:20 am
Luke

dont bother with malaysian, used them in march from london to auckland, my chair was
broke on the first leg of the flight and they ran out of meals by the time they got
to us, plus the control panel on my t.v. thingy didnt work all the way there. I wrote
to them to complain and just got shifted from one department to another, thay didnt
want to know!! use qantas, bit more expensive but its worth it! good luck

Old Jul 20th 2002, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Friend came back from London last week, three kids in tow and said MAS were fantastic. Went Qantas last time and said MAS miles ahead, all round.
Old Jul 20th 2002, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

a1macc is an unknown quantity at this point

I have never flown MAS, however have done Qantas and wasn't that impressed, would describe it as bog standard!
Old Jul 20th 2002, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi Again
As i said before we did MAS and couldnt fault they really had time for the children , we had friends who flew BA/QUANTAS and said never again , they wanted a drink for the children and felt as if they were asking for the earth from the stewards attitude!!!Never flown with them so cant comment from a personal view. This time we couldnt get our flights with MAS so we are going as Alan said with Emirates in october , looking forward to it all.
We are flying out from Birmingham which saves us a three hour car drive to Heathrow to .
Good luck everyone Joanne
Old Jul 20th 2002, 9:20 am
Phil

Go to http://www.austravel.com/planning_yo....cfm?destinati
on=Auckland and click on your destioation. It gives you the airlines that fly there
and there spec. ie. malaysian have indervidual tv's where Qantas have tv's for genral
view. I have a 3 year old son and i think it would be better for him to have his own
tv so i can put on cartoons. Insted of him watching the film that he is really not
intrested in!!! Hope this helps.

Emily

"Pablo Picasso" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Just booking flights out to Perth in August.
    >
    > Both the above airlines are coming up the same pricewise. Having only flown to Oz
    > with Singapore (and being thoroughly impressed) can anyone give me any constructive
    > comparisons, in relation to quality of service etc between the above two.
    >
    > We have three young children so any thoughts from families with young children will
    > be most appreciated.
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > Paul
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 20th 2002, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Pablo Picasso is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks to everyone for their input, you've all been a great help!!

Phil, that was an informative web page, thanks!!

cheers

Paul
Old Jul 20th 2002, 11:20 pm
Ian Guy

Try a post on alt.travel.uk.air and see who comes up best. I'd lay my savings on a
KUL based carrier anyday! "Pablo Picasso" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Just booking flights out to Perth in August.
    >
    > Both the above airlines are coming up the same pricewise. Having only flown to Oz
    > with Singapore (and being thoroughly impressed) can anyone give me any constructive
    > comparisons, in relation to quality of service etc between the above two.
    >
    > We have three young children so any thoughts from families with young children will
    > be most appreciated.
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > Paul
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 20th 2002, 11:20 pm
Ian Guy

Toataly disagree - QF = naff food and no in flight entertainment - with 3 kids MAS is
way best! "luke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > dont bother with malaysian, used them in march from london to auckland, my chair
    > was broke on the first leg of the flight and they ran out of meals by the time they
    > got to us, plus the control panel on my t.v. thingy didnt work all the way there. I
    > wrote to them to complain and just got shifted from one department to another, thay
    > didnt want to know!! use qantas, bit more expensive but its worth it! good luck

Old Jul 21st 2002, 4:20 pm
cap

Qantas offers special rates and 40 kg luggage for immigrants!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.