Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qantas - Are they really that bad?

Qantas - Are they really that bad?

Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Qantas - Are they really that bad?

Hi All,

I originally wanted to fly with Singapore Airlines as I flew with them the last time and found them to offer a great service however from reading recent threads their frequent flyer points are quite stingy even when linked to a Credit Card. This has made me look at Qantas however looking back on some old threads they are not highly rated by BE members. So my question is are they really that bad?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:01 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Qantas - Are they really that bad?

Originally Posted by Mairead
Hi All,

I originally wanted to fly with Singapore Airlines as I flew with them the last time and found them to offer a great service however from reading recent threads their frequent flyer points are quite stingy even when linked to a Credit Card. This has made me look at Qantas however looking back on some old threads they are not highly rated by BE members. So my question is are they really that bad?
Compared to Emirates and Singapore they are rubbish. But in general they are ok.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Lots don't like them, lots do. Main problem with them for me is the code sharing with BA - I hate them. I would use Singapore or Emirates over them but if I could guarantee the flight would be fully QANTAS I might use them.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:11 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

If you are only used to charter flights to Spain you will find them great but Singapore are even better. The advantage of Qantas is that any air miles can be built on when you get here with internal flights, credit card bonuses whereas Singapore etc will probably be wasted unless you intend to fly back to the UK regularly.

At least they are better than BA
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:54 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

It's 24 hours, compared to Singapore/Thai/Malaysian they are not as good, but then I think they are much better than BA. I have flown with Qantas 10 times and only 1 trip had me moaning. I'm happy to fly with them.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Lots don't like them, lots do. Main problem with them for me is the code sharing with BA - I hate them. I would use Singapore or Emirates over them but if I could guarantee the flight would be fully QANTAS I might use them.
It's not a case though that you show up and its a lottery as to whether you are travelling on BA or QF metal. If you have a QF flight number and the number is basically any number less than 100 then you will be on a QF plane...if you are booking and you see something else like, QF320 then you know you'll be on BA.

Personally I can't tell the difference between the 2 airlines, on their good days both are great, on their off days they are lousy.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

wewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to all

Hi All,

I have to say I flew last year emirates to dubai then to sydney and back from sydney dubai then england they were awful airline I kept pressing the bell as no one came to me at all.

I am in cairns now and flew quantas , they were fantastic the seat belt signs were never on it was a smooth flight and the service was fantastic they came round every few ninutes gave the kids free stuff, and offered banannas and drinks all the time, where emirates were never doing this , on the four flight I took with emirates they are crap.....so if you are wondering what my experience was like I rate quantas 5 stars and emmirates 0

cant comment on the other airlines as havent been on them.....flying ba back from tokyo so will let you know about them when back in the uk lol....
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys!!! I didnt realize about the code sharing so thats definitely one to watch out for. I would prefer to fly with SIA but it looks like it will have to be Qantas for the points!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

I would use Qantas every time if the price was right. We flew with Singapore and they were awful but everybody will have different experiences. Good luck.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
It's not a case though that you show up and its a lottery as to whether you are travelling on BA or QF metal. If you have a QF flight number and the number is basically any number less than 100 then you will be on a QF plane...if you are booking and you see something else like, QF320 then you know you'll be on BA.

Personally I can't tell the difference between the 2 airlines, on their good days both are great, on their off days they are lousy.
I know that but it's not unknown for it to change last minute. Personally I'd rather stay away altogether Don't know why but even after years of bad publicity about rubbish service, you'd think they'd both have pulled their socks up and provided both countries with excellent national flyers.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld

ooh just checked my sons flight number and its QF010 & QF078
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I am a Qantas frequent flyer and have not had a bad trip yet. I havent forgiven BA for the Bl**dy Awful flight I had many years ago when my kids were little and avoid them when I can. As long as I get my FF points and we land in one piece I am beyond caring really.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
ooh just checked my sons flight number and its QF010 & QF078
Those are DEFINITELY Qantas operated.

I'm another Qantas fan, try to fly with them when I can, but I hate BA, they rank along with Emirates in my mind, somewhere lower than a snakes dangly bits.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:35 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Those are DEFINITELY Qantas operated.

I'm another Qantas fan, try to fly with them when I can, but I hate BA, they rank along with Emirates in my mind, somewhere lower than a snakes dangly bits.
I thought emirates were meant to be really good
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Flew to Oz with Qantas last time. Service was good whilst on plane but both long haul flights were plagued with problems with their in-flight entertainment system.

If I had the choice I'd definitely rather go with Emirates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.