Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qantas or Singapore ?????

Qantas or Singapore ?????

Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qantas or Singapore ?????

OK i know this one has most likley been asked already, but here goes.... What is the best Airline to fly with Qantas or Singapore. I have had a quote off both and there is only £150 diffrence. Both offer 40kg baggage , we have 2 young boys and they love the videos and game boys, do both airlines have these. Me i just like the simple things like free drinks
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:47 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

done both and would defo put singapore over quantas anyday, there service is excellent. Good luck, hope it goes well
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qantas or Singapore ?????

Originally posted by Happy hammer
OK i know this one has most likley been asked already, but here goes.... What is the best Airline to fly with Qantas or Singapore. I have had a quote off both and there is only £150 diffrence. Both offer 40kg baggage , we have 2 young boys and they love the videos and game boys, do both airlines have these. Me i just like the simple things like free drinks
Agree with Hevs, done both, much prefer Singapore to Qantas - better food, more legroom, usually fewer stops, better entertainment, nicer hostesses.

OzTennis
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:55 am
Badge

Originally posted by OzTennis
Agree with Hevs, done both, much prefer Singapore to Qantas - better food, more legroom, usually fewer stops, better entertainment, nicer hostesses.

OzTennis
the hostesses can't be any more tightlipped than BA, surely?

badge

Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Singapore - cannot fault them !!
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:48 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

It's another vote for Singapore airlines for me to.

Top service and entertainment package.
Made the 21 hour journey semi pleasant!!!!!

TT
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Ok it sounds like singapore wins the vote... BUT would you gamble going with Qantas if you had a chance of getting upgraded.:scared: Also what about the DRINKS
Old Dec 16th 2003, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point

Absolutely no question, singapore airlines, Qantas can't live with any of the major Asian carriers, Singapore, Malaysisa, Cathay, JAL

David
Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:10 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore def....

Perhaps virgin+singapore if going indirect via hong kong type thing. They have film on demand etc on the new planes
Old Dec 16th 2003, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Williem is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok it sounds like singapore wins the vote... BUT would you gamble going with Qantas if you had a chance of getting upgraded.:scared: Also what about the DRINKS
I too have traveled with both and Singapore are by far the better of the two.
Both serve free drinks.

Whats with the upgrade?
That might just turn things around as Qantas aren't that bad.

Happy drinking,

Will.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

I have a neice that is on the check in desk (British Airways) who handle Qantas passangers, and a friend who works for qantas in the exec lounge. so we can get good leg room seats anyway but an upgrade would be better
Old Dec 16th 2003, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Williem is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a neice that is on the check in desk (British Airways) who handle Qantas passangers, and a friend who works for qantas in the exec lounge. so we can get good leg room seats anyway but an upgrade would be better
If the upgrade was guaranteed, that would be enough for me.
Give me a bit more comfort with that cold beer any day.

Will.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Scarlett G is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Williem
If the upgrade was guaranteed, that would be enough for me.
Give me a bit more comfort with that cold beer any day.

Will.
Still wouldn't fly with Quantas even with a free upgarde, not child friendly at all, it doesn't matter how much leg room you have if the kids are looked upon as if they are getting in the way when all they are is tired and bored. Singapore...brill......and excellent with kids.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 3:48 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Got upgraded once on Quantas to Sydney and it was great..... but Singapore still win it for me!
Old Dec 16th 2003, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pollster
Got upgraded once on Quantas to Sydney and it was great..... but Singapore still win it for me!
Got upgraded from business to first with JAL from London to Sydney via Osaka last year. As we had never flown business either, we didn't know we were in first until the steward told us. Girl on the desk said nothing.

It was our honeymoon though, and what a way to get it started
More champagne waiter !!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.