Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

QANTAS ripping off the Australian public once more

QANTAS ripping off the Australian public once more

Old Jun 17th 2008, 2:34 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default QANTAS ripping off the Australian public once more

Why is it, that people in the UK are being offered cheap flights FROM London to Sydney but we do not get offered an equivalent deal for flying from Sydney TO London?

Sheesh!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...4-1702,00.html
Old Jun 17th 2008, 4:23 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QANTAS ripping off the Australian public once more

Have you seen the new QANTAS Melbourne/Sydney to LA fare schedule for Economy and Premium Economy ? The Premium Economy fare is the same as Business Class is now and Business Class seems to have risen by several thousand.

But hey, at least with Premium Economy you'll be able to book the seat you want! Unlike us poor smeggers in grunt class (unless your a QANTAS Gold card)

This is why I travel Singapore whenever I can, they actually treat you like an adult and offer you the choice of seat on a first come first served basis. They also don't treat you like they're doing you a favour by letting on board.

Al
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:16 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

They want people to come here and spend their dosh but they don't want it to be cost effective for those already here to be able to leave and spend elsewhere as it would be detrimental to the Aussie tourist industry. Imagine if we could all fly to London for $800. Bookings for internal hols would go down massively.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

'Tis costing us $11.5k for a family of four to fly back at Christmas. It's Singapore Airlines but they all come up around the same (Emirates were cheaper but we are having a stopover at Singapore).

Bloody criminal.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:52 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Not like me to defend Qantas, but you have to put this in context. They are offering 380 seats only at $380/GBP380....it's purely a marketing thing and has nothing to do with the respective fares in each direction on the routes. The way I read the news article they are offering this fare to aussies on MEL - LAX anyway. Having seen the interior design of the economy cabin, I hope they've got 3800 sick bags on board!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 6:28 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Not like me to defend Qantas, but you have to put this in context. They are offering 380 seats only at $380/GBP380....it's purely a marketing thing and has nothing to do with the respective fares in each direction on the routes. The way I read the news article they are offering this fare to aussies on MEL - LAX anyway. Having seen the interior design of the economy cabin, I hope they've got 3800 sick bags on board!
I see your point but my point was that the deals should be parallel for the route, synchronously speaking, which should apply to both routes (i.e. the Yanks should be offered the same fare LAX to MEL).

Anyway, they've all gone anyway...*boo hoo*
Old Jun 17th 2008, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Why is it, that people in the UK are being offered cheap flights FROM London to Sydney but we do not get offered an equivalent deal for flying from Sydney TO London?

Sheesh!

Once they get you here, they don't want you to leave
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

If you're referring to the green interior, which is puke, then that is only one section of economy...thankfully!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

I think it because once we are in OZ we cannot get out......we are stuck

Suzanne
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sheesh!

It's not just QANTAS though is it? It's every damn airline that flies both ways. One price for UK bods and one for Aus - Unreal. Three of us are travelling back next week - all adults because obviously a 15 year old and a 13 year old are adults (give them the duty free allowance then) and it's costing $6,600. Four of us came out end of November 2005 for £2,500. Pisses me off a lot :curse:
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:49 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by longreach
If you're referring to the green interior, which is puke, then that is only one section of economy...thankfully!
Yes, but the other section is poop brown isn't it?
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Sheesh!

It's because it's winter here in Australia and summer in the UK
Old Jun 17th 2008, 2:29 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
'Tis costing us $11.5k for a family of four to fly back at Christmas. It's Singapore Airlines but they all come up around the same (Emirates were cheaper but we are having a stopover at Singapore).

Bloody criminal.
I think for Xmas flights thats pretty good.

This topic crops up all the time but prices are different here for lots of things but they don't seem to get the flack airfares do. Things here cost what they cost - its irrelevant what things cost elsewhere.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Yes, but the other section is poop brown isn't it?
LOL, I would say dark red.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 12:21 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by longreach
LOL, I would say dark red.
No that's business and premium economy.

Have a look at this one:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/galler...020-10,00.html

You can just see the brown on one of the seats....for economy its green & brown all the way - noice!

Apparently the colours are inspired by the Aussie landscape.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.