Qantas no way?

Old May 29th 2003, 11:37 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Qantas no way?

Fly any airline but this crew , no idea how to stop idiots getting on board?

AN URGENT review of security has been ordered at Australian airports after a man stabbed two flight attendants while trying to hijack a Qantas flight over Melbourne yesterday afternoon.

The 40-year-old Australian man tried to force his way into the cockpit about 10 minutes after the flight left Melbourne for Launceston with 53 people on board.

Police believe he planned to crash the Boeing 717 in Melbourne.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030530/n...-sto99835.html

:scared:
Old May 30th 2003, 12:23 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Qantas no way?

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Fly any airline but this crew , no idea how to stop idiots getting on board?

AN URGENT review of security has been ordered at Australian airports after a man stabbed two flight attendants while trying to hijack a Qantas flight over Melbourne yesterday afternoon.

The 40-year-old Australian man tried to force his way into the cockpit about 10 minutes after the flight left Melbourne for Launceston with 53 people on board.

Police believe he planned to crash the Boeing 717 in Melbourne.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030530/n...-sto99835.html

:scared:

I recon Qantas should be sued by those passengers who had to go through that ordeal. Their security! That should not have happened- it could have turned out much worse than it did.

Spooky really... I replied to a post yesterday morning (before all this happened) about fear of flying and one of my suggestions was don't watch the news before you are due to fly!

cheers
Old May 30th 2003, 2:10 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Come off it, Ceri! You can't see a 15 cm wooden dagger on the security screening.

Any mad violent wierdo could just smash a bottle from the drinks trolley and hold a shard of glass to the air hostess's neck if he wanted to. Just as good as a knife.

There's only so much you can do to stop these sickos and I guess we have to get used to the idea that every now and then a plane will go down.

Cheers - Don
Old May 30th 2003, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you stop a determined nutter ? there are so many different implements to use that can be concealed.

How many objects on a plane that can be used ? high pressure fire extinguishers, glass bottles, china plates (business class).

I am diabetic and carry insulin in phials and hyperdermics. Not once have I ever be questioned or challenged on whats in the phials or why I am carrying a pocket full of needles. There are lethal substances available.

We live in scary times, the good news is they managed to stop the nutter.

Without doing full body searches how do you detect wooden stakes ?

Always amuses me that at Manchester airport they confiscate certain items that you are then able to buy in the airport lounge.

Last edited by karawara88; May 30th 2003 at 2:16 am.
Old May 30th 2003, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

GET real

Qantas has a better safety record tha BA, and BA's is pretty good compared to most.

I take it PB that you sit in your nice safe house all day too afraid to go out, with dead locks on all the doors, and security cameras everywhere. I take it you don't drive as driving is the most dangerous form of transport.

By the way how are you going to GET back to the UK, if a trivial incident like this terrifies you of flying.
Old May 30th 2003, 2:40 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
GET real

Qantas has a better safety record tha BA, and BA's is pretty good compared to most.

I take it PB that you sit in your nice safe house all day too afraid to go out, with dead locks on all the doors, and security cameras everywhere. I take it you don't drive as driving is the most dangerous form of transport.

By the way how are you going to GET back to the UK, if a trivial incident like this terrifies you of flying.

You are wrong again BA and Qantas safety record is about the same , but in the present day to let a twat lose on a plane shows that Qantas have it wrong?
Nice that you can defend Qantas , I have flown with these clowns a few times and all I say is thank god for Sir Richard Branson , Virgin Blue all the way.

Old May 30th 2003, 2:42 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by karawara88

I am diabetic and carry insulin in phials and hyperdermics. Not once have I ever be questioned or challenged on whats in the phials or why I am carrying a pocket full of needles. There are lethal substances available.
Well your above statement just goes to show security is not as tight as it should be. I also wonder if it's because you maybe of "white" or Western appearance (?) , and if it was say an Arab carrying the same, they would be asked why they were carrying needles etc. Security is very lax.

Yes I agree anything can be used as a weapon - but when the government is constantly telling us "security has been stepped up" (since 9/11) and then this type of thing happens - who are they kidding? Themselves maybe.

As for Qantas - I've never thought much of them or their service (don't think much of BA either)

Cheers

Last edited by Ceri; May 30th 2003 at 2:57 am.
Old May 30th 2003, 3:09 am
Banned

Originally posted by karawara88
How do you stop a determined nutter ? there are so many different implements to use that can be concealed.

Always amuses me that at Manchester airport they confiscate certain items that you are then able to buy in the airport lounge.
Try this -

FEBRUARY 2003
•A TAFE student in Queensland appeared in court after allegedly hijacking a light plane.

JANUARY 2003
•A drunken British traveller was jailed for making threatening comments on a Qantas flight from Cairns.

DECEMBER 2001
•A man appeared in court in India, pictured, after he told police that al-Qaeda planned to fly a hijacked plane into Melbourne's Rialto Towers as part of a worldwide terrorism plot on September 11.

APRIL 2000
•A man with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder became the first person to be jailed for air rage in Australia.

APRIL 1979
•Australia's first international hijacking attempt took place when a man at Sydney Airport threatened to ignite a bomb and demanded to be flown to Moscow.

Old May 30th 2003, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

but in the present day to let a twat lose on a plane shows that Qantas have it wrong?
You'd better hope they don't find a way of identifiing Twats before you fly home or else you never will be able to leave Australia
Old May 30th 2003, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

All sounds less frightening than flying to Hawaii with 22 drunken Aussie football players having vomiting games sitting just behind you. Oh such a classy culture.
Old May 30th 2003, 3:17 am
Banned

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
You'd better hope they don't find a way of identifiing Twats before you fly home or else you never will be able to leave Australia

Flying with a nice raghead airline , at lest they give good service unheard of on a Qantas plane.
Most twats will still be in Australia?

Old May 30th 2003, 3:18 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

APRIL 2000
•A man with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder became the first person to be jailed for air rage in Australia.
Wonder how that one went, maybe:

'Yes, I'd like the chicken with a glass of Chardonnay please and could you kindly...

Lost my track...

Whoops...

You whore! You cheese eating surrender monkey! I will have your guts for garters you panty wearing female! Get me the captain! Now, you insolent wench! What! You defy me! I will go see the captain myself. In fact, I will give him a little slappy slappy!'

(Passenger put in leg irons.)

Cheers - Don
Old May 30th 2003, 3:21 am
Banned

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
(Passenger put in leg irons.)

Cheers - Don
You are right there leg irons are national dress.

Old May 30th 2003, 3:43 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Not more...

Domestic terminal 'evacuated'
May 30, 2003

PLANES have reportedly been grounded after a security breach at the Qantas domestic terminal at Sydney airport today.

It is believed passengers on up to six flights at terminal three were told to leave their aircraft around noon (AEST) today and wait in the check-in area.

Qantas would not comment on the incident when contacted by AAP.

Passenger Guy Watson, who was on board a plane due to take off from Sydney for Coolangatta this morning, said passengers were told to get off the plane at 11.50am.

"We were told there had been a security breach and that we would have to wait in the main check-in area," Mr Watson told AAP.
Old May 30th 2003, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

nickielora is an unknown quantity at this point

i have bought Qantas air ticket, should be safe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.