Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qantas Migration fares and 176 visa

Qantas Migration fares and 176 visa

Old Jan 12th 2012, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Dentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really nice
Default Qantas Migration fares and 176 visa

We're thinking of using the Qantas migration (one way) fare to travel to Sydney in February.

I noticed in the Qantas small print that certain visas are eligible for the migration fare. I can see subclass 175, but not subclass 176 in this list. I would have assumed that if 175 is eligible that 176 would also be okay. Perhaps not.

Before I ring the Qantas sales desk has anyone on a 176 visa flown using this fare, and/or spoken to Qantas?

Cheers
Old Jan 12th 2012, 11:27 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qantas Migration fares and 176 visa

Originally Posted by Dentonburn
We're thinking of using the Qantas migration (one way) fare to travel to Sydney in February.

I noticed in the Qantas small print that certain visas are eligible for the migration fare. I can see subclass 175, but not subclass 176 in this list. I would have assumed that if 175 is eligible that 176 would also be okay. Perhaps not.

Before I ring the Qantas sales desk has anyone on a 176 visa flown using this fare, and/or spoken to Qantas?

Cheers
Where is the small print?

FYI whenever people have quoted Qantas migration fares before they seem to be equal to the cheapest fare that day + the standard excess baggage charge...I can't see the point!

Where do you need to fly from and to?
Old Jan 12th 2012, 11:31 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Where is the small print?

FYI whenever people have quoted Qantas migration fares before they seem to be equal to the cheapest fare that day + the standard excess baggage charge...I can't see the point!

Where do you need to fly from and to?
If you book Qantas from the UK you'll probably be placed on a BA flight yet be unable to check in online as per the BA customers - hence rubbish seats.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Dentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really nice

Heading from Newcastle upon Tyne to Sydney in late February.

Small print is on Moneycorp.com (partners) page, and also on the Qantas migration fares website, although to be fair the print isn't actually small.

I can't see why 175 is eligible and 176 appears not to be.

I will give them a call.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 11:35 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
If you book Qantas from the UK you'll probably be placed on a BA flight yet be unable to check in online as per the BA customers - hence rubbish seats.
People always say this but it's really clear when you book who operates the flight - and very rare to have that changed on you last minute. True that Qantas is pulling various London services though...only option left will soon be via SIN. If you're travelling to Sydney BA does great deals on excess bags...far better than the qantas migrant fare.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 11:37 am

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
People always say this but it's really clear when you book who operates the flight - and very rare to have that changed on you last minute. True that Qantas is pulling various London services though...only option left will soon be via SIN. If you're travelling to Sydney BA does great deals on excess bags...far better than the qantas migrant fare.
It's caught me out a couple of times and we've not been able to sit together. Even more horrific I was in the screaming baby district! I'll never forgive them for that.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 10:06 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
It's caught me out a couple of times and we've not been able to sit together. Even more horrific I was in the screaming baby district! I'll never forgive them for that.
I would have thought you'd be in business class TE!
Old Jan 12th 2012, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by renth
I would have thought you'd be in business class TE!
Nah - I'm not paying the price of a small car to avoid 24 hours of misery.