Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qantas...hmmmm....

Qantas...hmmmm....

Old Oct 29th 2011, 11:28 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qantas...hmmmm....

Originally Posted by GarryP
The CEO needs to be made to personally pay compensation for his actions. Why should Qantas pay when this muppet is responsible.
Did he receive a payrise? I'm not sure?

Any company that elects a CEO pays the price if said CEO turns out to be an arse. That's business.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 11:49 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

So refunds, in the current circumstances?!
Old Oct 29th 2011, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Did he receive a payrise? I'm not sure?
The shareholders voted in favour of a 71% pay rise for Joyce from $3.8 million to $5 million yesterday...
Story here
Old Oct 29th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Unless they stay grounded until March, I doubt you'll get a full refund now if your fare doesn't allow it.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 11:55 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

I don't reckon you'll get one mate. They won't hand you money back till nearer the time and only if the deal is off their end.

That's my take on it anyways
Old Oct 29th 2011, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
The shareholders voted in favour of a 71% pay rise for Joyce from $3.8 million to $5 million yesterday...
Story here
Then the union (who represents their workers) and the shareholders get everything they deserve

Big bunch of idiots all of em all as daft as each other.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Then the union (who represents their workers) and the shareholders get everything they deserve

Big bunch of idiots all of em all as daft as each other.
That's the kind of insight and wisdom QANTAS needs. I'm surprised your not part of the working group with Mr Joyce as your balanced views are on par with his.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Or maybe you could run for PM? The country would be shutdown within the week sonly
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
That's the kind of insight and wisdom QANTAS needs. I'm surprised your not part of the working group with Mr Joyce as your balanced views are on par with his.
I've worked with plenty of unions and senior teams in negotiations. None as stupid as this bunch of idiots. This has been so badly managed on all parts that there's not going to be any winners.

Great job
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've worked with plenty of unions and senior teams in negotiations. None as stupid as this bunch of idiots. This has been so badly managed on all parts that there's not going to be any winners.

Great job
I agree.

Bad bad move by Joyce though I think. Does he think he's the new O'leary?
Always thought in these situations the management held the moral high ground with the whole "don't lose the trust of your customers" and "don't damage the brand".
Not anymore.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
I agree.

Bad bad move by Joyce though I think. Does he think he's the new O'leary?
Always thought in these situations the management held the moral high ground with the whole "don't lose the trust of your customers" and "don't damage the brand".
Not anymore.
Exactly. His move is the most damaging - he should know better. Either he's been badly informed or he's ignored the advice. Someone needs to chop his balls if he accepts the pay offer. Has he accepted it yet?
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:28 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
Unless they stay grounded until March, I doubt you'll get a full refund now if your fare doesn't allow it.
It's an economy fare and I can't find any detail anywhere on it?! On the website there's a cancel button but I'd be afraid to click it lol
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:31 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

It's an economy fare and I can't find any detail anywhere on it?! On the website there's a cancel button but I'd be afraid to click it lol
Should wait.

I think Fair Work Australia will ban Joyce's action, so the airline will end up flying tomorrow and for at least the next 21 days.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:33 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by GarryP
Should wait.

I think Fair Work Australia will ban Joyce's action, so the airline will end up flying tomorrow and for at least the next 21 days.
21days?! Eh?!
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:34 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

My friend and her husband are currently stuck in Singapore, they are keeping their fingers crossed for their travel insurance to come through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.