Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qantas flight - door opens mid flight

Qantas flight - door opens mid flight

Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Qantas flight - door opens mid flight

we are due to fly in september-with emirates.

Since all this qantas stuff I have loads of people saying that flying is dangerous. Maybe it is-ur thousands of feet up in the air with shed loads of fuel on board. I agree with a previous coment-when ur numbers up etc-also if something happened u would not know anything about it. How many accidents are there on our roads? How many coach crashes are there a year? How terrible to be in a car accident and lay mangled in metal until the paramedics arrive??

Sod it-I'm gonna enjoy my flight experience as much as I can!!!!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:48 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

We're flying Heathrow-Sydney next Friday with Qantas

*wibble*
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:49 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Flying with Qantas tomorrow morning. Feels pretty much the same as any other flight!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bcworld
I'm no Qantas fan but this is such a media beat up.

Last night's incident is such a non event it's barely worth reporting. But the media were trying to big it up with "door opens mid-flight" - which would be very serious if we were talking about the passenger cabin, when in reality you're talking about the nosewheel.

Aircraft return to the airport for all manner of reasons every day. I find it very hard to believe there was the reported 'chaos' in the cabin.
The media is so fickle.

They've already forgotten about the recent event where an engine stopped on a flight to Cairns. It probably didnt count as they considered it was an old-fashioned plane because it had propellers.

WW
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:11 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Now they won't let people go to the dunny!

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...097407083.html

What next!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:45 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Shock! Horror!

I suppose these journos have to write about *something* to keep above the breadline, but it would be useful if they paid as much attention to their use of the English language as they do to their condemnation of the "failings" of other industries.

It is instructive (and this is a biggie in the getting-off-thread posts) to read the online newspapers. I take a gander at the London Daily Telegraph online most days and marvel at the poor standard of grammar, spelling and the like. I can only assume that wha we read online comes directly from the input of the various correspondents as they go into the computer, and that editors weed out most of the errors before they go to print (Except, of course, in the Grauniad).

But it does make you think of the hubris they have when making bald accusations about other industries. :curse:
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:03 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Shock! Horror!

I suppose these journos have to write about *something* to keep above the breadline, but it would be useful if they paid as much attention to their use of the English language as they do to their condemnation of the "failings" of other industries.
I think "write" is a strong term to use, it implies intelligence. I prefer to think of the media as a bunch of pissheads making stuff up and writing it on public urinal walls. That way at least it keeps their musings in the proper perspective when trying to decipher them.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

To be honest I'm more worried about being eaten by a pack of wild dogs!!! Though I am flying with Qantas in a month...