Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Qantas Or Emirates

Qantas Or Emirates

Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Qantas Or Emirates

Hi All

We have a choice of flights with either Quantas (Heathrow to Melbourne) or Emirates (Heathrow, Dubai (no stopover), Melbourne), for those of you who have travelled with them, who would be your preferred choice??

Many Thanks
Jason
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

rancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant future
Default Re: Quantas Or Emirates

Emirates have more leg room in economy. Haven't flown either but hear very good things about Emirates in general, and will be flying with them in December.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:01 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

I'd choose Emirates
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi All

We have a choice of flights with either Quantas (Heathrow to Melbourne) or Emirates (Heathrow, Dubai (no stopover), Melbourne), for those of you who have travelled with them, who would be your preferred choice??

Many Thanks
Jason
Hi there
Although I can not comment on Quantas, we flew out last year with Emirates and they were fantastic, best flights we have ever been on.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

s1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nice
Default Re: Qantas Or Emirates

I flew B'ham to Dubai and then to Sydney with Emirates on Monday and they were by far the best. There was loads of legroom for economy and the food and entertainment facilities were excellent - over 100 movies on demand!!!!

Went with Qantas last year, very average!

SImon
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

Hi All

Many Thanks
Jason
I haven't flown with Emirates, but I was distinctly underwhelmed with Qantas flying to Melbourne in January. The plane interior was shabby, the entertainment system was broken, the seats were lumpy, the food was inedible, and the service was lackluster. I'd give Emirates a try if it was me!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Dazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud of

Aside from being superior quality, I believe Emirates is far more attractive cost-wise as well - certainly was the last time I did an online comparison. Apparently the airline is subsidised by the Sheikh. What a generous man!! I've been told first hand about how impressive Emirates is. Also, my wife wants to take our friends recommendation to stop in Dubai on our way to Oz - one of those must-see destinations apparently.

And the clincher - they've got a telly in every seat
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Have also done a search on here and Quantas don't seem to be highly regarded. Will click the Emirates button.

3rd April - Melbourne here I come, Tracy and children will follow when house sold, when ever that might be

Many Thanks for all your replies

Jason
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Have also done a search on here and Quantas don't seem to be highly regarded. Will click the Emirates button.

3rd April - Melbourne here I come, Tracy and children will follow when house sold, when ever that might be

Jason
That's great news, good luck with the house sale.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jason
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates.
Qantas is British Airways with a Kangaroo on the tail.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:34 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Another one for Emirates.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:12 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I'd choose neither. Emirates fly with old equipment by comparison nowadays for most of its fleet, has the same seat pitch as most airlines and the food is provided by the same catering company in Heathrow as half the others. The only exception is the B777 aircraft which has seat pitches of 34" in economy.

I've flown Emirates heaps and think they have a completely undeserved reputation on this board. All classes of cabins are rubbish by modern standards in the main and the entertainment systems work - sometimes.

Qantas are average and thats about it. Half the time the flights going to be operated by BA and they are about the same in terms of service and cabins etc.

For my money - I choose the none of the above option and fly a decent asian airline now every time - Malaysian (34" seat pitch in econ on all international flights) or Singapore. Reliable top notch product and service all the time.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:18 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rancid
Emirates have more leg room in economy. Haven't flown either but hear very good things about Emirates in general, and will be flying with them in December.
Only on the B777 aircraft. Here's a good guide.

http://www.smarttravelasia.com/economy.htm

Only malaysian offers 34" in econ on all flights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.