Reload this Page >

Qantas baggage allowance

Qantas baggage allowance

Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

crossedleggedmoose will become famous soon enough
Default Qantas baggage allowance

Hi

I've searched the threads and have only seen one mention of baggage allowance when flying with Qantas which is that they don't give you much more than 20kg! I rang them and they confirmed this.

Has anyone managed to get anymore without being charged an arm and a leg?

Thank you
Crossedleggedmoose
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:14 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Qantas baggage allowance

Originally Posted by crossedleggedmoose
Hi

I've searched the threads and have only seen one mention of baggage allowance when flying with Qantas which is that they don't give you much more than 20kg! I rang them and they confirmed this.

Thank you
Crossedleggedmoose
i always depends on the person at the check in counter....sometimes they allow a little more the rule is 20 kilo....it also depends on how well booked that particular flight is...
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:16 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thank you
Crossedleggedmoose
if you tell them your migrating and havent validated your visas yet they might give you extra worth a try
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:35 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi

Thank you
Crossedleggedmoose
Hi,
Fly via USA and get more, I think it's 40 KG, others will confirm it though

Bye
Mark
Old Jan 7th 2005, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markeh
Hi,

Bye
Mark
Thanks for feedback but too late - I've booked flight already! Should have done some research first! Oh well......
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markeh
Hi,

Bye
Mark
Via the US its 76 kg EACH!!

And thank goodness for that too, as we went that way and only JUST made the limit
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hels
Via the US its 76 kg EACH!!

And thank goodness for that too, as we went that way and only JUST made the limit
I'm not sure if all that hassle with US customs (finger printing, photos, etc) is worth the extra babbage allowance!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

I'm not sure if all that hassle with US customs (finger printing, photos, etc) is worth the extra babbage allowance!

It wasnt a hassle for us....we had a great holiday there and got to carry alot of stuff we needed for when we arrived there....

I would do it again, if the need ever arose....

Hels
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
It wasnt a hassle for us....we had a great holiday there and got to carry alot of stuff we needed for when we arrived there....

I would do it again, if the need ever arose....

Hels
What, all of it :scared:
Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hels Via the US its 76 kg EACH!!

Hi Hels exactly how many cases was that and how many of you went? Also if you dont mind who did you fly and book with?
Sorry to ask so many questions but starting to look at flight options now.
thanks
Irene
Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Based on when I flew out, Qantas have a Special Migrant Fare - thts the only way you get extra baggage with them. The fare then was £200 more than Cathay had quoted me, and has to be booked direct with Qantas.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by parkhigh
Hels Via the US its 76 kg EACH!!

Hi Hels exactly how many cases was that and how many of you went? Also if you dont mind who did you fly and book with?
Sorry to ask so many questions but starting to look at flight options now.
thanks
Irene

Hi Irene!

We flew with United as I already had loads of frequent flyer miles with them and wanted to add more. We booked through a travel agent in Greenford. One of those big places, think it was called Travel City or something like that.
We paid £500 each to fly from UK to Florida, spent 3 weeks in Florida then on to Melbourne one way. For an extra £150 or so, we had a great time.

There were 2 of us and we took 5 cases with us and we didnt get charged extra until we went to leave the US. You should only have 2 bags each. Each bag to not weigh more than 32kg. Even when they did charge us for the extra bag, it was only $100 US so not too bad.

We took our laptop and camera bag on board with us as well as a backpack and didnt get pulled up about it.

I have never had a bad experience with United and would recommend them highly.

Hels
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:20 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hels,
at 76KG each, could you manage it
That must have been some luggage

It's cheeper than sending it & you know it should get there when you do!

Now with 3 of us that makes 228kg (1/4 metric tonne)
A big pile!!!!

I originally thought about us going via the USA when we eventually go & make a bit of an holliday of it, take in the sights, see the grand canyon etc.
Did you like it?

Bye
Mark
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:22 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Not simply that, but also the queues which are often dreadful, especially at Los Angeles. It's also a longer flight.

If going via the US on the visa waiver make sure all family members have their own machine readable passport that complies with US regulations.

A lot of people still have children on parents' passports, they will now not even be allowed to board a US-bound flight (even just to transit the US) unless they have their own.

Jeremy
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:25 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thank you
Crossedleggedmoose
Why not look on www.qantas.com.au . It is in there somewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.