British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Q on some thing ive heard ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/q-some-thing-ive-heard-228791/)

katherineiv May 5th 2004 1:32 pm

Q on some thing ive heard ?

Hi there,
Just got a Q on something i heard about from a friend?

We have a friend who have just been rejected his visa, i dont know why but bit worrying as hes a mechanic like my hubby.

He has an agent, but a friend told me that they are letting to many ppl in oz and got to slow down ( she said the embassy has said that) that cant be right, can it ?

can some one answer this Q ?

katherine

Pollyana May 5th 2004 1:37 pm

First thing to do is take a deep breath, have a strong drink, and DON'T PANIC!
There must be a good reason why your friend was rejected. They have a quota for skilled visas, and I doubt that they have been rejected because the quota is full? Could be medical, criminal record, didn't meet the skills requirements.....only your friend would know,and it may be something they don't want to tell you.

Phoenixuk2oz May 5th 2004 1:40 pm

Re: Q on some thing ive heard ?

Originally posted by katherineiv
Hi there,
Just got a Q on something i heard about from a friend?

We have a friend who have just been rejected his visa, i dont know why but bit worrying as hes a mechanic like my hubby.

He has an agent, but a friend told me that they are letting to many ppl in oz and got to slow down ( she said the embassy has said that) that cant be right, can it ?

can some one answer this Q ?

katherine
Best place to start is to ask him directly why he was rejected:(

This way you don't get embroiled in scare mongering. Hear it from the horses mouth [so 2 speak].

Am reeeeallly sorry for your friend. He's probably upset cos as we all know, life goes on hold whilst going through the DIMIA sausage factory :(

Good luck with your application. Sorry for your m8:(

Phoenixuk2oz

S Oldfield May 5th 2004 2:29 pm

Was his visa application rejected???????????or was his skill application rejected??????????? did he use an agent or go alone.

loads of factors......putting posts up like this can scare the life out of other readers

katherineiv May 5th 2004 3:25 pm

hi,
Well hes not a close friend just someone my hubby used to work with.
Yes ive been told he has an agent and has had the application rejected.
Ive been trying to find out why from my friend but she says its because the oz goverment are clamping down on the 10000 brits coming in every year and not what qualifications you have.

But just been told that trying to keep it quiet as possible that been rejected, so im lost now !!!! :confused: .
so it might be something else but wont tell, i dont know.

it is very worrying, we are only at the TRA stage at the moment.

does anyone know anything about this clamping down bisiness by oz goverment?

katherine

debsy May 5th 2004 3:49 pm

They have recently increased the points so maybe they did not qualify under the new points mark??

katherineiv May 5th 2004 3:54 pm

hi,
yes that is true, i didnt think of that.

i think he would of had about 115 and that would of been going on the same time.

katherine

debsy May 5th 2004 3:55 pm

hi,
yes that is true, i didnt think of that.

i think he would of had about 115 and that would of been going on the same time.

katherine
Well as long as you have 120 points that is you need to worry about:)

katherineiv May 5th 2004 4:02 pm

hi ,
well no we have 115 points but thinking of doing the reg visa as like the look of Adelaide and need 110 points for that.

katherine

katherineiv May 5th 2004 5:05 pm

well just got a text from mate and she says that the reason of being rejected is that there are to many ppl applying ( that is what he has said ).

Mmmm hope not true, well if was i havent seen any one on here being rejected.......... just Yipeeeeeeeee !!!

katherine

Bordy May 5th 2004 5:34 pm

well just got a text from mate and she says that the reason of being rejected is that there are to many ppl applying ( that is what he has said ).

Mmmm hope not true, well if was i havent seen any one on here being rejected.......... just Yipeeeeeeeee !!!

katherine
Not seen or heard anything over this side of the world Kath. No mention of clamping down on legal immigrants.

SentApril2002 May 5th 2004 5:45 pm

That alone is not a valid reason for having a visa application rejected. Raising the points from 110 to 115, then 115 to 120 is a way that DIMIA has been able to keep the number of visas approved in-line with their quotas. The rejection letter most likely stated that he didn't meet the pass mark, not "sorry, too many damn brits, we're going to deny your visa".

steve-n-jo May 5th 2004 8:01 pm

katherine

Definate smell of bull**it.......the gate isnt suddenly swung shut.....sour grapes I feel..

the real reason will remain a secret:eek:

mark warner May 5th 2004 8:08 pm

kath ,you and eric will be fine you have already put in a lot of work keep your chin up and try to relax youve got a long way to go
best of luck
mark

anzen12 May 5th 2004 9:10 pm

The governement almost certainly does not work to nationality quotas.

There is a maximum total per year that they aim for, but I believe it is a politically based moving target.

It seems strange that they would say the rejection was because of too many people applying - I doubt they would want that to be quoted.