Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Q & A on Adelaide in chat Room

Wikiposts

Q & A on Adelaide in chat Room

Old Apr 12th 2003, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Any advice on Schools - secondary would be welcome to me too. Seems that Private schools are often favoured are they worth it?
Old Apr 12th 2003, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Mike Peters is an unknown quantity at this point

1200/1300 gmt today sun 13th
Old Apr 12th 2003, 8:42 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hi Mike

Did you get my PM -

Look forward to hearing from you

Kind regards

Lisa
Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:15 pm
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

is anyone in the chat room?
Dawn
Old Apr 12th 2003, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i am...12.17
Old Jul 8th 2003, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

muralibabu_99_9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Q & A on Adelaide in chat Room

hi mike,
why dont u say something about adelaide ?
Old Jul 9th 2003, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mike,

We are located in Dover Gardens (Marion) about 10 minutes from you. Only been here for four months wife still feels homesick, the kids love it, they couldn't wait to start school:lecture:

We did the meet and greet/accomodation on arrival service. A bit of a shock when we arrived in Port Adelaide, the place was dirty but adequate for the amount of time we spent their.
Our furniture arrived about two weeks ago which has made the place feel more homely. I'm working as a boilermaker/welder in Clovelly Park.

Colin
Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

HeatherS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by colinnsam
Hi Mike,

We are located in Dover Gardens (Marion) about 10 minutes from you. Only been here for four months wife still feels homesick, the kids love it, they couldn't wait to start school:lecture:

We did the meet and greet/accomodation on arrival service. A bit of a shock when we arrived in Port Adelaide, the place was dirty but adequate for the amount of time we spent their.
Our furniture arrived about two weeks ago which has made the place feel more homely. I'm working as a boilermaker/welder in Clovelly Park.

Colin
Hi Colin,

We are moving out to Adelaide in the next few months as soon as the house sells & are going to use the meet n greet accommodation.

Can you tell me if you specified whether you wanted north or south of the city? Apparently you should ask for south but I don't know if you actually have that choice.

What school have you got the children into? That is one of my concerns - finding a good school asap.

Have you looked on the yahoo site for Brits in Adelaide? It's a good chance to build up a network of friends who have been or are in the same boat. Hope your wife isn't homesick for long.

Heather & Chris

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/adelaidebrits/
Old Jul 9th 2003, 10:24 am

silvervfr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mike Peters
1200/1300 gmt today sun 13th

Hi Mike we are hoping to get out to Adelaide around Easter 2004. We went out last year to meet family and loved the place and people.

Any chance you will be hosting another chat room session soon?

Would love to Chat.

Regards

Nick
Old Jul 9th 2003, 2:01 pm
Tez
Forum Regular

Tez is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
we arrived in Adelaide 8wks ago.Stayed in holiday rental for the first 4 wks and then bought a house.
got a 3 week settlement and moved in...great.
Now living in Blackwood,it's lovely,clean,have a view of open fields and can just see the sea.
Children go to school at Flagstaff Hill Primary and love it(6 & 11)
they already feel at home.
From what we have seen,and i know it's not much,most of the schools in this area are good.Have heard varying things about High schools though.Just starting to look now at them.

I'm working at Flinders Private hospital....very different but i'm loving it.Tez not working yet but only just started looking.

Stuff has arrived from UK so feel a bit better now,but you do feel like a nobody for a while.
Miss friends and family..lots,but beginning to make new friends.....neighbours are so friendly and will do anything to help.
Would love to chat with anyone if they want,if only to find out if I can get Prawn Cocktail crisps from anywhere !! (for the kids of course )

Dizzyblond
Old Jul 9th 2003, 7:41 pm
vidge

hi all
we are moving to adelaide in sept and was going to use the meet an greet accomadation service but from one of the replys it didnt sound that good, is it really that bad as i have a little girl to consider?
is it really easy to but a house as soon as you arrive in oz, as someone told me that you had to be in oz for a certain period of time before buying?
my husband has a job already lined up which takes some of the pressure off, cant wait to move we are waiting to exchange on our house then going to book our one way tickets, yiphee!! so nice to talk to people that are moving or have moved to adealide
glad of any replys to the above questions
vidge

Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HeatherS
Hi Colin,

We are moving out to Adelaide in the next few months as soon as the house sells & are going to use the meet n greet accommodation.

Can you tell me if you specified whether you wanted north or south of the city? Apparently you should ask for south but I don't know if you actually have that choice.

What school have you got the children into? That is one of my concerns - finding a good school asap.

Have you looked on the yahoo site for Brits in Adelaide? It's a good chance to build up a network of friends who have been or are in the same boat. Hope your wife isn't homesick for long.

Heather & Chris

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/adelaidebrits/
Hi Heather

The accomadation through the meet and greet service was not at all nice, dirty, smelly, and mister cockroach paid a couple of visits. This is not what you need when you have just arrived. Our first day here we tried to find an alternative, we did'nt have much luck as just about all holiday accomadation was full.
We made the most of a bad thing and carried on looking for a rental property that suited us. As far as requesting an area goes it's a NO you get whats available at the time, maybe we was unlucky, the guy that picked us up from the airport was brilliant, drove us around all day to try and help us .
The service lets you know where you will be going to, around 7/10 days before you leave.
Good luck with your move and keep in touch.

Colin