Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Q about medical..

Q about medical..

Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:42 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Q about medical..

We hsve our meds on wed. Not sure how to fill form in lol. Do i need to mention things like miscarriages in past ane having had a c section as obviously these are not ongoing conditions? Or attending casualty for a sprained ankle. The way the form is worded they want to know every sigle things youve had done medically lol..im not a demic lol
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Q about medical..

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
We hsve our meds on wed. Not sure how to fill form in lol. Do i need to mention things like miscarriages in past ane having had a c section as obviously these are not ongoing conditions? Or attending casualty for a sprained ankle. The way the form is worded they want to know every sigle things youve had done medically lol..im not a demic lol
Not interested in sprained ankles definately, probably not interested in C section. Leave that bit blank and speak to doctor. As far as I am aware it is ongoing conditions or other more out of ordinary operations they are concerned about.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

Leave what you are unsure of blank. The doctor will generally fill it in as he takes you through it.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

PIPPADEE will become famous soon enoughPIPPADEE will become famous soon enough

We are going for our meds Friday , hubbys worried he may have to" drop and cough" any men out there had to do this
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:56 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

thanks xx i believe some docs mske u do cough and drop he he
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PIPPADEE
We are going for our meds Friday , hubbys worried he may have to" drop and cough" any men out there had to do this
Some do some don't my Oh didn't have to.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

How about checking the prostate , do they do this as well, . He more worried about that!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:10 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

How about checking the prostate , do they do this as well, . He more worried about that!
Yup, and they get out the ruler too.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

That our visa in the bin then !
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:21 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, didn't happen to my hubby and i didn't have the breast examination either
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:23 am

Weight, Height, blood pressure, reflexes, listened to chest, looked in mouth/ears/eyes and just asked for clarification on anything we'd mentioned on the form.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:27 am
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mary1967
Nope, didn't happen to my hubby and i didn't have the breast examination either
Hi All

OH never had cough & drop, I never had breast examination although I did take my letter that said all was clear from a mamogram a few months earlier but she didnt want that.
I also took letters from my Consultant about my knee op and ankle op and she just attached those for information, better to give them as much info as possible as it saves it being asked for later and further delaying things.
I also suffer with white coat syndrome so in readiness for my high blood pressure reading on the day or being asked to go and have 3 sepearate blood pressure checks at docs which I know would have been high, I went to my gp a couple of weeks prior to meds and paid to have a 24 blood pressure monitor on - readings came back normal so panel doc also had a reading of that as I am on meds for blood pressure.

OH id on blood pressure medication and I didnt get a letter from his GP and had to get one so that just delayed our meds going out to Oz for a few days.

I would recommend taking as much info as possible and pass it over if asked for it.

Good Luck

Caz
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Hi All

OH never had cough & drop, I never had breast examination although I did take my letter that said all was clear from a mamogram a few months earlier but she didnt want that.
I also took letters from my Consultant about my knee op and ankle op and she just attached those for information, better to give them as much info as possible as it saves it being asked for later and further delaying things.
I also suffer with white coat syndrome so in readiness for my high blood pressure reading on the day or being asked to go and have 3 sepearate blood pressure checks at docs which I know would have been high, I went to my gp a couple of weeks prior to meds and paid to have a 24 blood pressure monitor on - readings came back normal so panel doc also had a reading of that as I am on meds for blood pressure.

OH id on blood pressure medication and I didnt get a letter from his GP and had to get one so that just delayed our meds going out to Oz for a few days.

I would recommend taking as much info as possible and pass it over if asked for it.

Good Luck

Caz

I completely agree - I'm checked once a year due to a family history of breast cancer, so I took a letter from my consultant saying that i was fine - the Dr didn't even ask and i didn't show him, but i felt much better by having it available just in case.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Yes, you MUST include these conditions. Not ongoing, but can be a predisposition to other things.

Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

monkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond repute

I mentioned being in hospital for pregnancy-related fainting and a previous early miscarriage. I can't remember if the panel doc recommended that I wrote them on the form or not, but he seemed to think that it wasn't a problem.

I'd mention it, it's best to be thorough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.