Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Q about estate agent....

Q about estate agent....

Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:12 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Q about estate agent....

Had a valuation a couple of months ago now - £165K.

Had another agent in yesterday, he started off by saying £195K (yeah, right!) and when I told him about other valuation he said "I'd say about £175K".

Do you think he's quoting high to get our business? And if so is this a good agent to use?

Reason we were going to use this one is they also advertise London way.....

I've been reserching prices and think realistically £169K tops, to accept £165K.

Any thoughts?
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:19 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q about estate agent....

Originally Posted by bridiej

Had another agent in yesterday, he started off by saying £195K (yeah, right!) and when I told him about other valuation he said "I'd say about £175K".

Do you think he's quoting high to get our business? And if so is this a good agent to use?

I've been reserching prices and think realistically £169K tops, to accept £165K.

Any thoughts?
Go with your gut feeling and do your reaearch on ukhouseprices .com or whatever the correct url is
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:20 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Any thoughts?
Get some more agents round and see what they all say !
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Get some more agents round and see what they all say !
Got another one coming tomorrow....
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:27 am

Thata girl !
Screw them to the ground on their fee too i got mine to take 1% most seam to want 1.5-1.75% plus vat
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:28 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck mate, hope it sells quickly...............

Jim
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:30 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

When we sold our last house we had a few agents round and the price varied by about 25,000 we went with the highest as we were in no rush to sell we marketed for 103.000 and sold for 101,000 within a week!
We may just have been lucky and the market was obviously different 4 years ago !
We had our house valued last year for 270,000 and this year its around 245,000 (gutted)
I think you should get a few more agents round and check what others like yours are selling for!

Kris
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:38 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Some will want to go low so it sells quicker and they get the money, others will go high to try and get you to go with them.

Bear in mind that most buyers will expect you to accept an offer of up to 10% off the asking price so add on a bit for that but not too much or people won't even bother viewing.

Check out sites like http://www.nethouseprices.com to see what houses are actually selling for. We found them much lower than asking prices around here (these sites will update with the latest quarter's info in the next week or so)

Finally, good luck!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by worzel
Some will want to go low so it sells quicker and they get the money, others will go high to try and get you to go with them.

Bear in mind that most buyers will expect you to accept an offer of up to 10% off the asking price so add on a bit for that but not too much or people won't even bother viewing.

Check out sites like http://www.nethouseprices.com to see what houses are actually selling for. We found them much lower than asking prices around here (these sites will update with the latest quarter's info in the next week or so)

Finally, good luck!
Good link cheers always like the free ones
Old Jun 29th 2005, 12:07 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Bridie, have a good look round your local area and see who most others are going with. also check with the estate agent who comes out as to what sales in your area and price range he has sold recently.
will be going through this myself in the next couple of weeks so good luck in todays market
Old Jun 29th 2005, 12:30 pm

Thanks people, you've confirmed pretty much what I was thinking anyway.

Think we'll probably stick with our first choice agent who gave us the £165K quote and go on at that price as I've looked into it and we'd then be competing against two bed bungalows in not as nice areas and terraced houses in Hythe which obviously dont have parking or a nice field behind them (and we're a semi!)