Pyrmont, Sydney

Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice
Default Re: Pyrmont, Sydney

Originally Posted by jpen29
Could you please elaborate why you wouldnt wander around it alone at night? Does Pyrmont have a high crime rate compared to other Sydney suburbs? Thanks
Hi jpen29

I haven't heard anything about a high crime rate in Pyrmont in the time I've lived here (since 2006). However I'm sure it's like anywhere else in that you are aware of your surroundings, don't walk down any badly lit laneways or streets, etc. Pyrmont is next to a suburb called Ultimo which has had some issues with crime at night but it hasn't spread up this way as far as I'm aware! I hope that helps.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

jpen29 is an unknown quantity at this point

How much will be my average monthly expenses in Pyrmont, Sydney if Im single? Im gonna have free housing accommodation but will be paying for the utilities. The house is just stones throw away from the office so I guess transpo cost will be insignificant. So how much do you think will i be spending monthly on food and utilities (e.g. internet, telephone, water and electricity)? Thanks.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:17 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

You've got free housing in Pyrmont and you're worried about food bills? Come on!

If you're from the UK, prices will be similar - perhaps a bit cheaper - but that's a whole other thread. As you say you may not need transport to get to work but, personally, I would never be without a car - think of all the trips arouond Sydney/NSW you will be missing out on. I know people who live here, do not have a car, and in the 2-3 years they have been here have barely got out of the city. What a waste!

We have friends in Pyrmont and find it a really nice area - it's got a nice feel to it. And you can stroll across the Pyrmont Bridge in no time to the city etc.

Great area - go for it!

Graham

Last edited by northerner; Jun 26th 2008 at 6:23 am.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

jpen29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northerner
You've got free housing in Pyrmont and you're worried about food bills? Come on!

If you're from the UK, prices will be similar - perhaps a bit cheaper - but that's a whole other thread. As you say you may not need transport to get to work but, personally, I would never be without a car - think of all the trips arouond Sydney/NSW you will be missing out on. I know people who live here, do not have a car, and in the 2-3 years they have been here have barely got out of the city. What a waste!

We have friends in Pyrmont and find it a really nice area - it's got a nice feel to it. And you can stroll across the Pyrmont Bridge in no time to the city etc.

Great area - go for it!

Graham
Thanks. Im not actually worried at all about the food and utilities bill. i just need the average figures so that i could come up with a reliable estimate of my monthly savings there
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:09 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how well the Search function's working at the moment but there are tons of threads on this.

I put my numbers on a thread yesterday, I think it was, started by somebody called caroline, and there was at least one other yesterday too.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 12:38 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jpen29
How much will be my average monthly expenses in Pyrmont, Sydney if Im single? Im gonna have free housing accommodation but will be paying for the utilities. The house is just stones throw away from the office so I guess transpo cost will be insignificant. So how much do you think will i be spending monthly on food and utilities (e.g. internet, telephone, water and electricity)? Thanks.
You do not pay for water, your landlord does. Our internet and phone package is $39 per month (Spin.net), god knows what the electricity is as we haven't got a bill yet, and if you are single then sod the food bills...just eat out!