Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Putting the Call Out for a Brisbane Night Out!!!

Putting the Call Out for a Brisbane Night Out!!!

Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

LoobyLoo has a brilliant futureLoobyLoo has a brilliant futureLoobyLoo has a brilliant futureLoobyLoo has a brilliant futureLoobyLoo has a brilliant futureLoobyLoo has a brilliant future
Default Putting the Call Out for a Brisbane Night Out!!!

Hi All

Well there has been a lot of discussion about a Brissy night out but since noone has yet committed to anything I thought I would put the call out!!!

It would be open to all ie girls, guys and anything in between

Suggested night is Saturday 11th December - venue to be agreed but thought maybe the Story Bridge??

Let me know if anyone else is up for it and I will put it in the calender?? And those of you who have doen this before can you let me know how a bunch of people who don't know each other find one another in a pub????
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:16 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Putting the Call Out for a Brisbane Night Out!!!

Originally Posted by LoobyLoo
Hi All

Well there has been a lot of discussion about a Brissy night out but since noone has yet committed to anything I thought I would put the call out!!!

Suggested night is Saturday 11th December - venue to be agreed but thought maybe the Story Bridge??

Let me know if anyone else is up for it and I will put it in the calender?? And those of you who have doen this before can you let me know how a bunch of people who don't know each other find one another in a pub????
I was just saying to Tracey(scissors) today that we need a night out, we were talking about the 17th Dec and maybe all of us from the bayside getting taxi in.

I think she was going to post it on here and bayside brits as there are loads of new arrivals.

Carol
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

LoobyLoo has a brilliant futureLoobyLoo has a brilliant futureLoobyLoo has a brilliant futureLoobyLoo has a brilliant futureLoobyLoo has a brilliant futureLoobyLoo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by spalen
I was just saying to Tracey(scissors) today that we need a night out, we were talking about the 17th Dec and maybe all of us from the bayside getting taxi in.

I think she was going to post it on here and bayside brits as there are loads of new arrivals.

Carol

Hi there

Well 17th is ok for me but I thought it might be getting a bit close to Chrissy for some people - but im ok if others are??
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

Well 17th is ok for me but I thought it might be getting a bit close to Chrissy for some people - but im ok if others are??
That close to Xmas some of us may be throwing ourselves OFF the Storey Bridge
Sounds good to me - have to check with The Bloke though and see if he'll let me out. As for meeting - I always used to wear my witch's hat, everyone spotted that till the last meet when I wore it for 30 minutes but ended up drinking on my own If anyine has a flag - St George or Union Flag for example - you could drape it over the end of the table, we've done that before. Also swap mobile numbers with a couple of people before hand
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:25 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

We may be interested as I had started similar thread on the Nursing forum. We know where the storey bridge hotel is so that would be fine with us.

Will keep an eye on the thread... .
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:29 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That close to Xmas some of us may be throwing ourselves OFF the Storey Bridge
Sounds good to me - have to check with The Bloke though and see if he'll let me out. As for meeting - I always used to wear my witch's hat, everyone spotted that till the last meet when I wore it for 30 minutes but ended up drinking on my own If anyine has a flag - St George or Union Flag for example - you could drape it over the end of the table, we've done that before. Also swap mobile numbers with a couple of people before hand
Hia Pollyanna,

Did you have a good holiday? I know some of the girls from bayside went, but they were a little late and must have missed you! 17th is good for me,not around for the 11th, others maybe tho.

Carol
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Hia Pollyanna,

Did you have a good holiday? I know some of the girls from bayside went, but they were a little late and must have missed you! 17th is good for me,not around for the 11th, others maybe tho.

Carol
Absolutely stunningly good holiday, thanks Carol! Can't wait for the next one
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Absolutely stunningly good holiday, thanks Carol! Can't wait for the next one

17th Works for me - so lets make it then - but aren't there any guys out there who are interested in a meet - it would be good to have a mix????
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:50 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

17th Works for me - so lets make it then - but aren't there any guys out there who are interested in a meet - it would be good to have a mix????
I'd love to come but my wife would too so i'll be at home babysitting
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cam_uk
I'd love to come but my wife would too so i'll be at home babysitting

Hi Cam - good to hear from you would be good if we could meet both of you but know that is a little difficult with your little one!! How is the packing up going?? Not long to go now?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:56 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

Hi Cam - good to hear from you would be good if we could meet both of you but know that is a little difficult with your little one!! How is the packing up going?? Not long to go now?
You would not believe how efficient jodie is ...

we're almost packed !!! and raring to go ..

having a bit of trouble with our house, although we've agreed a sale its been 5 weeks and still no survey .. we'll be leaving without having the sale complete ... .. other than that everything is almost ready

20days and counting
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:29 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

If its at the Story Bridge (or any other named pub ) try to book/reserve a table outside in a particular name & then everyone just asks for that table. The only downside is that you need to know a rough number of people coming, cos its no good booking a table big enough for 15 if 40 people turn up :scared: .

Im not sure what we are doing that close to xmas, but if its for guys as well as girls I'll check our calendar for both dates .

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Nov 9th 2005 at 11:45 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi loobyloo,you beat me to it i only just spotted this thread just beofre iput one up myself well the 11th or the 17 is ok with me,i ll ask around baysied and see which suits everyone best

tracey
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

I would love to come but will be flying back to the UK on Dec 10th
Oh well, have a for me. I'll be thinking of you guys enjoying your night out while I'm freezing to death
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Hi LoobyLoo,

We've been meaning to try and organise something in Brisbane, but we've only just got rid of the mother in law.

So - we're up for it (both me and John), only about 10 mins for us so easy peasy. We were driving 'under' the Story bridge a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the really big pub was absolutely jam packed - so I would have thought this must be a definite book in advance that close to Xmas. We've never actually stopped at this venue so I'm assuming you're talking Kangaroo Point side of the bridge rather than CBD side, and the one that looks a bit like a modern bar in a cellar environment (i.e open brick walls and concrete) . Do you know this pub and what its called? Do they actually take bookings as such? Just want to make sure we all land up at the same place!

Netta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.