Reload this Page >

Putting the application together

Putting the application together

Old Mar 7th 2004, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Buster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Putting the application together

Hi people,

I've got the task of putting together all my application details for an onshore Defacto visa ready to be sent off. We're not using an agent and to be honest im a bit stuck.

Right now It looks like a paperwork hand-grenade has exploded in our living room and im pulling my hair out trying to collate everything.

I wonder if anyone could give us any advise on how to put it all together as we haven't a clue how immigration want the application to be presented. I hope to send it registered mail first thing tomorrow so im getting a bit flustered. Is there any sort of order that it has to be in? Do they expect pretty little dividers and colour coordinated crap or do we just send everything in a big manilla folder (I heard ring binders are a no no)? I really need some assistance as the last thing I want to do is jeopardize our chances.

Help, I'm in an admin nightmare :scared:

Buster
Old Mar 7th 2004, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

PaulDClark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Putting the application together

There's been a few threads on this, just do a contents page at the front and put it all in order. No dividers, binders, etc, just a big block of paper apparently. Probably fits in a filing cabinet easier...
Old Mar 7th 2004, 9:46 am
DarrenD

The instructions say no folders, no binders, no staples.

I started by making a contents list, grouping by area, e.g.
Education, Experience, Passport/Birth certificates

then paperclipped all the information for that section together.

On the contents, I put the headings, then stated what was included in each section.

I think its automatically scanned into computer when they receive it, so they dont want stuff they have to take apart to scan in.

Old Mar 7th 2004, 10:02 am
Just Joined

BostonHouse is an unknown quantity at this point

The best advice we were given was to make the application as easy to read as possible. We spent months gathering information and got the visa a few days after we posted it.

We broke the application down in to each section e.g financial aspects, nature of commitment, etc etc.

We put each piece of information in to the relevant section and labelled it "items 1.1 , 1.2 " etc, we eventually had about 40 - 50 pieces of information.
We also provided a detalied contents page showing items and section details.

We presented the application in A4 plastic pockets and put a tab on each piece of evidence showing the item number. Also for each section we gave a brief description of its contents.

I have pasted a section from our contents page to give you an idea.

Section One : Forms and General Information

Item 1.01 – Form 47SP
Item 1.02 – Form 40SP
Item 1.03 – ...................... Birth Certificate
Item 1.04 – ...................... Birth Certificate
Item 1.05 – 4 Recent Passport Photographs of ..........................
& 2 Recent Passport Photographs of ........................
Item 1.06 – Form 886 – Settlement Details
Item 1.07 – Acknowledgement of Health and Character Checks
Item 1.08 – Character Check Document
Item 1.09 – .................................................
Item 1.10 – Form 80

I hope this helps you in some way.
Old Mar 7th 2004, 11:23 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

thank goodness I used an agent ......I just fecked all the stuff in a huge envelope and snet it to my agent to sort
Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Buster
Hi people,

I've got the task of putting together all my application details for an onshore Defacto visa ready to be sent off. We're not using an agent and to be honest im a bit stuck.

Right now It looks like a paperwork hand-grenade has exploded in our living room and im pulling my hair out trying to collate everything.

I wonder if anyone could give us any advise on how to put it all together as we haven't a clue how immigration want the application to be presented. I hope to send it registered mail first thing tomorrow so im getting a bit flustered. Is there any sort of order that it has to be in? Do they expect pretty little dividers and colour coordinated crap or do we just send everything in a big manilla folder (I heard ring binders are a no no)? I really need some assistance as the last thing I want to do is jeopardize our chances.

Help, I'm in an admin nightmare :scared:

Buster
I sent ours off this morning !

We did a covering letter i.e. To Whom it may concern, please find application 47sp and 40sp for front end loaded application.

We also wrote that if they needed any further information, not to hesitate in contacting us.

Also did the contents page, just a bulletted list 1, 2, 3 etc etc and wrote next to each number what was in the pack. We also took advantage of their 'intentionally blank' page that you get in between the application forms and used those to seperate each section, i.e. App forms, police checks, medicals, proof of relationship etc.

Hope this helps and good luck, it took us about six and half hours on Yesterday to compile it all together and complete the forms
:scared:
Old Mar 10th 2004, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Thanks for all the advise.

Got it sent off this morning which was a bit later then I wanted but it I guess I under estimated how much there was to put together. We put it in some order with dividers as seperation but left it unbound, we put in a covering letter with some ass kissing BS too.

Well, I guess its out of our hands now, just have to sit back and wait......and wait.....and wait a bit more.....

Buster.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 6:31 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PaulDClark
There's been a few threads on this, just do a contents page at the front and put it all in order. No dividers, binders, etc, just a big block of paper apparently. Probably fits in a filing cabinet easier...
It probably fits in the photocopier or scanner bin without jamming. They will just chuck the dividers, binders and swear at the staples they have to remove. The tabs get in the way and will jam any photocopier.

A good table of contents and well ordered evidence is what they want. If you are worried about it all falling apart use a bull clip.

Anyway I am too late and it really makes jack **** difference to the outcome.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Buster
Thanks for all the advise.

Got it sent off this morning which was a bit later then I wanted but it I guess I under estimated how much there was to put together. We put it in some order with dividers as seperation but left it unbound, we put in a covering letter with some ass kissing BS too.

Well, I guess its out of our hands now, just have to sit back and wait......and wait.....and wait a bit more.....

Buster.
Fingers crossed for you.

Nat
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

It probably fits in the photocopier or scanner bin without jamming. They will just chuck the dividers, binders and swear at the staples they have to remove. The tabs get in the way and will jam any photocopier.
The dividers are the least of there worries, I sent 2 years worth of B'day and Xmas cards as well as a huge pack of photos so I reckon some fat ass case officer is gunna earn his money with my application

Buster.