puts everything into perspective

Wikiposts

puts everything into perspective

Old May 24th 2005, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: puts everything into perspective

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
I agree with everyone on here (and I'm sitting writing this with tears dripping down my face). This is a terrible tragedy that should never have happened. As the mother of 3 teenagers who sometimes drive me crazy but who I love more than anything, I can't begin to imagine what they are all going through. The law about seatbelts in coaches isn't in force in the Republic of Ireland according to the news. I think it's about time the rules were changed. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families and friends concerned.

Julie

no way!! i didnt know that. After my cosin's accident there was a complete overhaul of law relating to seatbelts and minibuses etc. its easy to be wise after the event though isnt it.
Old May 25th 2005, 9:07 am
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by andrew63
Sue
Too true.
Didn't make the news here (or at least I never saw it). No doubt my wife will scan the Internet for details as we have close friends in Co. Meath with teenage daughters (Longwood) - was it near Longwood?

Andrew
hi andrew,

your wife may have already found the report but just in case not- this awful accident happened at Kentstown just outside Navan. There were 50 students on the bus from 4 secondary schools in Navan. The five girls that died were all from the beauparc area. As you can imagine everyone in the local area are in shock and it seems as if every parent was driving their child to school themselves today.

Sue
Old May 25th 2005, 9:12 am
Merlot

It does Sue, very, very tragic.

M

Old May 25th 2005, 9:17 am
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rooksie
no way!! i didnt know that. After my cosin's accident there was a complete overhaul of law relating to seatbelts and minibuses etc. its easy to be wise after the event though isnt it.
hi rooksie,
Believe it or not Julie is right about the seatbelts. No bus over 10 years old need to have seat belts fitted even if they are carrying children on board. There is a huge debate now going on here about this.At the end of the day it comes down to cost according to the government but what cost do you put on a childs life!! The law says we all must wear seatbelts in our cars, on planes, even on bloody rollercoasters everyone wears a belt but yet the law allows buses that are no longer up to the standard for public transport to be used to bring our children to and from school. You know what they say "the law is an ass".

Sue
Old May 25th 2005, 10:03 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Ive just read all the above and it certainly makes you realise whats important in life. Ive been stressing for the last few weeks at not receiving our medical/police requests and this has certainly made me think.

Ive been a witch to the kids, snapping at them for no apparent reason, all because Im stressing over what is essentially a silly email.

Sadly its tragic accidents like this that make us sit down and realise what we have. Most of the time we take everything for granted, until its not there and then its too late to change.

My thoughts are with those poor families who have lost their children, I personally cant imagine anything worse.

look after loved ones and give them an extra hug tonight.

Jo xx
Old May 25th 2005, 10:14 am
Professional Princess

One thing I have learned through recent events that have happened to my family is that;

Everybody needs a dream, something to focus on, a vision of how they see themselves and where they want to be in life.

Dreams can come true if we work hard enough to achieve it.

The migration process is stressful, takes over sleeping and waking thoughts, puts pressure on your relationship and detracts away from other things that are important.

Prioritise it. Because you can still have your ambition but do remember to appreciate those that sit patiently in the sidelines waiting for you to finish your DATA sheets etc - your family.

Because if things go wrong, it will be those people that will still be around to support you.

Australia will always be there and you may or may not make it there, but never shut out what really matters - the people that love you, they are here right now and when it counts.

Samantha.

May those poor kids involved in that crash rest in peace.

Old May 25th 2005, 10:30 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Merlot
It does Sue, very, very tragic.

M

I wish we could have seatbelts on our London buses. I was involved in an incident in March when our driver had to do an emergency stop and we were thrown to the floor.

I smashed my head on the bar, bruised my diaphragm and could barely walk the next day.

Never thought about it till now.

Shame it takes this sort of incident to make us rethink.

Old May 25th 2005, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Hi Sue thanks for this thread
I think it reminds us all to enjoy today because we may not be here tomorrow
I too have had a huge wake up call in the last 6 months and realised we get one life and it is so precious

So thank you for helping to remind me whats important
I have my health and I have my children
house sales ( or lack of them ) suddenly seem irrelevant

mary