Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Purely hyperthetical question about winning Oz Lotto on Temp Visa

Purely hyperthetical question about winning Oz Lotto on Temp Visa

Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:05 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Purely hyperthetical question about winning Oz Lotto on Temp Visa

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You didn't seriously think he would pass the money to you did you? How naive can one person be
I would of done,...honest!! ahem..cough cough!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:06 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
Sorry to contradict the all knowing MP but the website you have quoted is not an official lotto company ozLotteries.com are just RESELLERS and any info on their site should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Each state has its own operator of national Lotto games (Oz Lotto, Powerball & Sat Gold Lotto) and I would strongly urge anyone who wants to buy tickets online to only use the official site of your state (which is governed by the state lotto regulator). I have heard of many resellers taking money and not producing the goods.
Of course the easiest way of buying a ticket is in your friendly local newsagency!!
Well your'e not any fun are you!!! Typical Villian!!
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to contradict the all knowing MP
Hardly necessary and even less true. Thanks.

Paddyo, apologies for duff info. Remind me to ignore anyone's questions in future.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:01 am
ABCDiamond

Sorry to contradict the all knowing MP but the website you have quoted is not an official lotto company ozLotteries.com are just RESELLERS and any info on their site should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Each state has its own operator of national Lotto games (Oz Lotto, Powerball & Sat Gold Lotto) and I would strongly urge anyone who wants to buy tickets online to only use the official site of your state (which is governed by the state lotto regulator). I have heard of many resellers taking money and not producing the goods.
Of course the easiest way of buying a ticket is in your friendly local newsagency!!
Their website however, does appear to confirm that anyone can by tickets, not only Australian PR, as they sell tickets worldwide.
Oz Lotteries is the exclusive distributor of lottery products via the Internet on behalf of leading Australian lottery exporters, TMS Global Services Pty Ltd and TMS New South Wales.

Operating in excess of 20 years, TMS has serviced more than 500,000 customers in over 40 countries to date.

Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:29 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Their website however, does appear to confirm that anyone can by tickets, not only Australian PR, as they sell tickets worldwide.

I think you are missing the point - there are many resellers of Lotto on the web some with professional sites some not so but at the end of the day they are resellers and have no problem selling to anyone. I note from this site that the purchaser never gets to see their ticket and an email is sent if there is a win, the cost of the tickets are more than through official outlets and they are totally unregulated. A lotto agency is very tightly regulated with heavy fines handed out for the slightest infringement to the lotto regulations.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 1:45 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Hardly necessary and even less true. Thanks.

Paddyo, apologies for duff info. Remind me to ignore anyone's questions in future.
Nooooooooo don;t do that...just be the way ya wanna be and try and help, thats what we all do!
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:12 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
Ok, so all your numbers come up and you have won the Jackpot amount, say $20 million. As a Temp Visa holder, say a 457 4yr Visa, what are your options for;

A. Keeping the money?
B. Taking it back with you (whats left!!) to UK at end of your Temp Visa period?
C. Getting a perm visa to spend the bloody thing if B is not viable?

I am of course in La La land to think I could win $20 million but it never hurts to dream!!
You would probably fall into the "special cases" category for PR, if you had $20 million in your account, the OZ govt. would do everything possible to keep you here to spend it
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:55 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
You would probably fall into the "special cases" category for PR, if you had $20 million in your account,

Hi
What "special cases" category do you have in mind?