Reload this Page >

Pubs in the 'burbs

Pubs in the 'burbs

Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

vanessadave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pubs in the 'burbs

Hi guys,

Where does your average Joe who lives in the suburbs of say the Gold Coast go for a coldie?? From the posts i've been reading on this most useful site I get the impression that the suburbs are lots of houses and a local grocery shop if you're lucky. Please tell me i'm wrong!!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pubs in the 'burbs

Originally Posted by vanessadave
Hi guys,

Where does your average Joe who lives in the suburbs of say the Gold Coast go for a coldie?? From the posts i've been reading on this most useful site I get the impression that the suburbs are lots of houses and a local grocery shop if you're lucky. Please tell me i'm wrong!!
Yep, thats what most suburbs are like. The habit here is to stock up at a bottle shop and then drink at home.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

You should move to where I am. I have a pub 600 meters from my house

Last edited by Wendy; Apr 17th 2007 at 4:02 am.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
You should mive to where I am. I have a pub 600 meters from my house
We also have a proper pub (and wine bar) 10 mins walk/stumble away
And two more a 10 and 15 min drive. But that doesen't help you on the Gold Coast... with all the Brits moving there, perhaps there's a gap in the market
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
We also have a proper pub (and wine bar) 10 mins walk/stumble away
And two more a 10 and 15 min drive. But that doesen't help you on the Gold Coast... with all the Brits moving there, perhaps there's a gap in the market

Looks like they should put Publican down on the 'in demand' list for Queensland
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Plenty of pubs in Sydney, including the suburbs- though obviously some have more than others. The suburbs that do have pubs tend to have them in their main business or retail centres, however, not like the UK where there is practically one on every corner in some towns!!

You guys must drink more alcohol than us
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:46 am
Just Joined

vanessadave is an unknown quantity at this point

If I start drinking at home I will be an alkie!

I won't be missing the binge drinking culture of ol' blighty but I do like the social aspect of a few beers with my fellow residents whilst sorting out the worlds problems.

Thats it, the Dave and Dragon is coming to Qld!!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:07 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vanessadave
Hi guys,

If you like a good pub then stay at home, I've yet to see one that I actually want to visit.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:58 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
You should move to where I am. I have a pub 600 meters from my house
Thats the neighbours you naughty girl
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Thats the neighbours you naughty girl

No, they are further away than that
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

We have 2 that compare favourably.

One is the Berwick pub which has a real fire and a pub atmosphere and bar.

One is about a k away - it has a sundeck overlooking a vineyard, a real fire, and a bar. It is mostly used as a restaurant and does pub meals every night - with some weeknights having specials like a Parmy plus drink for 10 bucks,
or an all you can eat buffet with dessert for 12.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Ding Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really nice

I thought Ozzies were meant to be beer monsters. What i've learnt today is that there are not many pubs and booze is expensive. What next???? Your spiders are not really poisonous and your sharks are friendly??
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

Shock horror - Australia isn't like Britain scandal emerges on leading Expats forum!!!!