Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Public enemy number 1

Public enemy number 1

Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:18 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Public enemy number 1

I resigned from my current company on 28 Sept and as I am joining a competitor based in Aus they put me on "gardening leave" until my notice expires on 28 Oct.

I had to keep the whole thing secret until the moment I resigned so did not have a chance to say anything to colleagues. Having worked for the company for 34 years I was rather considered a part of the fixtures and fittings.

At home I have received phonecalls from all over the world wishing me well for the future which is really heartwarming.

We fly out on 29 Oct so I will not have time to meet people individually and therefore we have booked a barroom for a Sunday afternoon so anyone can pop in and say farewell.

A mate told me today the main director has circulated everyone in Europe by email suggesting it is not appropriate for them to attend this social event.

I guess I should feel annoyed but I actually laughed when I heard the news. IMO the man has shown himself to be an immature child and I think I know
my ex colleagues well enough to know he has just lost credibility in their eyes.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:29 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Public enemy number 1

Yep you're right Bix. He's shown his true colours and I hope everyone sees them and remembers what he did when you've gone.
After 34 years! Wow, you should own the company!

Similar happened to me, but I'm not bitter
Just made sure he knew it was a cheap shot and he's the only one who was gonna hurt.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:33 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Just made sure he knew it was a cheap shot and he's the only one who was gonna hurt.

Thats so true - what an idiot!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bix
I resigned from my current company on 28 Sept and as I am joining a competitor based in Aus they put me on "gardening leave" until my notice expires on 28 Oct.

I had to keep the whole thing secret until the moment I resigned so did not have a chance to say anything to colleagues. Having worked for the company for 34 years I was rather considered a part of the fixtures and fittings.

At home I have received phonecalls from all over the world wishing me well for the future which is really heartwarming.

We fly out on 29 Oct so I will not have time to meet people individually and therefore we have booked a barroom for a Sunday afternoon so anyone can pop in and say farewell.

A mate told me today the main director has circulated everyone in Europe by email suggesting it is not appropriate for them to attend this social event.

I guess I should feel annoyed but I actually laughed when I heard the news. IMO the man has shown himself to be an immature child and I think I know
my ex colleagues well enough to know he has just lost credibility in their eyes.

Good luck Bix
i left a former employer after 20 years the boss tried to scare all former colleagues into not speaking to me because i had stood up to her

but I feel I came out on top i gained promotion and am hopefully joining 3 of those former colleagues in QLD soon
And as for her 2 years after I left i was finally called back as a witness to a major bullying and harrassment enquiry and she was out on her ear. Everything comes to those who wait.

live the dream mate
your friends will be friends for life
Love mary