Reload this Page >

Psyhiatric nurses..........?

Psyhiatric nurses..........?

Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

nickalellaholly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Psyhiatric nurses..........?

Dear All,

Please can you help, I am a mental health nurse looking to emigrate with my family. I am in the early stages of gathering information, so any help would be appreciated.

I would like to know which state has the most psychiatric nurse jobs?, What is the normal wage for a nurse in Australia, in comparison to the UK? Any good hospitals you know of that have a large psyhicatric department? Any nursing exam? Can you take it in the first few months of being there in a job?

Could anyone tell me the process of application? Is it the same as Canada, get a visa, go over, then get a job, and take the Nursing exam in the first 3 months?

(We were firstly thinking of Canada, but the climate in Australia is winning us over)

Then there is .......What is the weather like in these states? We like it hot, but not too hot.

Basically any information you guys can give me..................

Many thanks, Nick, Al, Ella and Holly.

Last edited by nickalellaholly; Feb 1st 2009 at 4:26 pm. Reason: typing error
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:06 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Psyhiatric nurses..........?

Originally Posted by nickalellaholly
Dear All,

Please can you help, I am a mental health nurse looking to emigrate with my family. I am in the early stages of gathering information, so any help would be appreciated.

I would like to know which state has the most psychiatric nurse jobs?, What is the normal wage for a nurse in Australia, in comparison to the UK? Any good hospitals you know of that have a large psyhicatric department? Any nursing exam? Can you take it in the first few months of being there in a job?

Could anyone tell me the process of application? Is it the same as Canada, get a visa, go over, then get a job, and take the Nursing exam in the first 3 months?

(We were firstly thinking of Canada, but the climate in Australia is winning us over)

Then there is .......What is the weather like in these states? We like it hot, but not too hot.

Basically any information you guys can give me..................

Many thanks, Nick, Al, Ella and Holly.

You don't need to take an exam. Your RMN qualifications are OK.

Jobs in most states although some are more primitive than others.

You need a visa

www.immi.gov.au

try posting on the nursing section of this site.

G
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Psyhiatric nurses..........?

Dear Grayling,

Thanks very much for that, I didn't know UK qualifications were valid in Aus.

Do you know if a Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing is valid, as I do not have a degree?

Many thanks again for the information

Regards Nick
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:12 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickalellaholly
Dear Grayling,

Thanks very much for that, I didn't know UK qualifications were valid in Aus.

Do you know if a Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing is valid, as I do not have a degree?

Many thanks again for the information

Regards Nick
As long as yout are a registered nurse (RMN) you will be OK.

Degree not necessary.

G
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:48 am
Just Joined

Dear Grayling,

Thanks for that. The link you gave me in your first post was very useful also.

I am now looking into the different area's of Australia and the climates, as I did not know they varied so much until reading forums like this.

Many thanks - Nick