Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Psst! Bendigo bunch, in here please.

Psst! Bendigo bunch, in here please.

Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

Dried Graze is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Psst! Bendigo bunch, in here please.

I know there are a few of you but can't remember who you are. Now that we have our visas I have a few Bendigo specific questions I'd like to ask.

We will be arriving with little more than our aircraft luggage save for a few boxes to be sent very soon. We are looking for part/furnished rental accommodation and have had very little luck with the agents. Does this sort of thing get advertised in local newspapers or shop windows as we often see here in the UK?

As our initial lease might be temporary until we locate the ideal location, should we send over Ikea flat packs of the basics or are there suitable local (reasonably) sources of furniture and white goods?

I have sources snippets of useful information from a number of online sources but there's nothing better than having a number of 'field agents' offering up to the minute intelligence

Also, and perhaps more important than something to sleep/sit on, what's the best pub in town and does it sell Guinness?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 10:34 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Psst! Bendigo bunch, in here please.

There was someone from Bendigo who used to be a regular poster on the forum, anyone remember his name?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Psst! Bendigo bunch, in here please.

Hels will be in soon. She is fluent in Bendigonese