PSS were good

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PSS were good

We had PSS come yesterday and pack all of our bits a bobs. The packing was excellent, the people were professional (Not like some of the stories you here, where they are temps).
Their quote was the cheapest too!

Lets hope it gets to the other end ok!
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

HBgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default They took my stuff 3 weeks ago......

Completly agree with all the above
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PSS were good

Originally posted by pabloako
We had PSS come yesterday and pack all of our bits a bobs. The packing was excellent, the people were professional (Not like some of the stories you here, where they are temps).
Their quote was the cheapest too!

Lets hope it gets to the other end ok!

Could you post their contact details please?

Phil.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: PSS were good

1-3 Pegasus Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 4PS
Other Enquiries: E-mail ~ '[email protected]'
Tel ~ 020 8686 7733
Fax ~ 020 8686 7799
web ~ www.pss.uk.com
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Good to hear Pablo

there coming to me a week on monday, god knows how i'll be ready, whats worrying me is they quoted for a lot less cubic meterage than another company i had in for a quote and the bloke from this other company called me up this week and started on about how all our stuff will never fit in a 20' container etc etc, he wouldnt stop, i ended up in tears, i think it'll be a very stressful couple of days untill that container is filled.

When are you off?

Good luck
Lynn
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

We did the estimate our self and it worked out to be 150 cubic feet. In the end it was 200, but their van van big enough.

PSS were very good. If there was an empty space, like in our washing basket, they put things inside that to cut down space.

They do say that when they arrive if you tell them what is very urgent they will put that in the container first. Anything that doesn't fit in and is less urgent will be shipped in a shared container.

Don't worry, it will all come out well in the end.
The most stressful part of it was standing around feeling useless whilst other people pack your stuff!

Originally posted by lynnj
Good to hear Pablo

there coming to me a week on monday, god knows how i'll be ready, whats worrying me is they quoted for a lot less cubic meterage than another company i had in for a quote and the bloke from this other company called me up this week and started on about how all our stuff will never fit in a 20' container etc etc, he wouldnt stop, i ended up in tears, i think it'll be a very stressful couple of days untill that container is filled.

When are you off?

Good luck
Lynn
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 10:47 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear it went well, Pablo
We couldn't fault PSS when they packed our stuff, but as you say, let's see what it's like at the other end!
All the best
When do you travel?
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

We move out of the house tomorrow and live in a Travelodge for a week as we have to finish work on the 31st October. We then go on a trip around the UK visiting relatives and fly out on the 8th November, straight to Brisbane. Wooooo Hoooo

Originally posted by ohsohopeful
Glad to hear it went well, Pablo
We couldn't fault PSS when they packed our stuff, but as you say, let's see what it's like at the other end!
All the best
When do you travel?
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 11:02 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pabloako
We move out of the house tomorrow and live in a Travelodge for a week as we have to finish work on the 31st October. We then go on a trip around the UK visiting relatives and fly out on the 8th November, straight to Brisbane. Wooooo Hoooo
Fantastic, I wish you all the best.
Post us from the other side when you can!
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 11:11 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Thanks for the updates folks I am expecting PSS on 4th and 5th (if we exchange this week?) and hope we get the good staff everyone else had

We have examined our furniture etc and anythign that could be 'flat packed' even if it didn't come that way we will take down ourselves then we shall have extra room for anything we want extra. All of our reps from all the packing firms just took the four large underbed pine boxes as the size they were. Colin took three of them to pieces (only four screws for each) and they are just a package of 'planks' now good saving.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

malx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PSS QUOTES

hi everyone, well, after reading theses posts, I gave PSS a ring to see how they compared to the other quotes i got. I got a bit of a surprise £800 cheaper than the other companies for 300 cubic feet.
I'm getting all the bumph through the post tomorrow to browse!!

My next question to PSS was, do you ship from Scotland, and they do, weh hey.

Will be good tohear any threads about this company from anyone that has used them. Seemed to be awfy cheap compared to the other companies, or maybe the other companies are reeling the cash in for no reason.

Malx
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

tom's mum will become famous soon enoughtom's mum will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

I was glad to hear positive comments about PSS. We are using them, and not just because they were all lot cheaper than the other quotes. Mind you they were the only ones who said a 20' container was too small. They are coming on the 20th and 21st Nov.

Helen
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We have also chosen PSS. It was between them and John Mason, but they were slightly cheaper and included a lot more info in their quote. They also got Kent removals ( contractor in Aus) to send me a package from Aus which was nice.

They did seem to under quote for us as well 850cft against a full 1050cft from 3 other companies. I rang the call centre and they explained it would be the same price if the conatiner is full up i.e. no extra charge for the extra packing materials that might be needed.

They have penciled us in for the 10&11 Dec.

I look forward to hearing good responses about them from Aus when you all arrive!
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 9:35 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PSS QUOTES

Originally posted by malx
hi everyone, well, after reading theses posts, I gave PSS a ring to see how they compared to the other quotes i got. I got a bit of a surprise £800 cheaper than the other companies for 300 cubic feet.
I'm getting all the bumph through the post tomorrow to browse!!

My next question to PSS was, do you ship from Scotland, and they do, weh hey.

Will be good tohear any threads about this company from anyone that has used them. Seemed to be awfy cheap compared to the other companies, or maybe the other companies are reeling the cash in for no reason.

Malx
Hi Malx,

May i ask how much you have been quoted for how much Cubic feet, we have a quote from a company round the corner from us for £1340 for 250cuFt, and now wondering if PSS maybe quote us happier.

thanks
Lottie
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

malx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default prices pss

hi tigger, it was for 300 cubic feet,£1300 ish she said on the phone, I'll give you the proper details when i get it through the post tommorrow.

It was alot cheaper than Doree Bonner and Pickfords who quoted just over two grand.

Hopefully it aint a wind up price, the money saved will pay for our flights to oz.

Malx