British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   PSS - so far bloody good eggs! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/pss-so-far-bloody-good-eggs-113268/)

Watt Dabney Oct 18th 2002 9:45 pm

PSS - so far bloody good eggs!

Just to tell you all, so far am very impressed with PSS.

They are due to pack up the house on Monday. We were hoping to have sold our motorbike by now, but have had no success :(
As a last resort rang PSS today to enquire how much to send it over to NZ. "No problem" said PSS should be able to fit it in your container for an extra charge of £165 plus 12.5% GST of second hand retail value. Will send all the required packing materials with the crew on Monday, just have to clean it and drain the petrol off :D
By the way if it won't fit in my sideboard has drawn the short straw :rolleyes:

Paula

Ginny Oct 19th 2002 1:38 pm

Re: PSS - so far bloody good eggs!

Originally posted by Watt Dabney:

They are due to pack up the house on Monday. We were hoping to have sold our motorbike by now, but have had no success :(
As a last resort rang PSS today to enquire how much to send it over to NZ. "No problem" said PSS should be able to fit it in your container for an extra charge of £165 plus 12.5% GST of second hand retail value. Will send all the required packing materials with the crew on Monday, just have to clean it and drain the petrol off :D

Paula

Hi there,

Glad it's all going ok for you guys. You must be getting excited now? Are you getting a full container and if so did they charge you the earth?

Thanks

Ginny

Watt Dabney Oct 19th 2002 2:02 pm

Originally posted by Ginny:

Hi there,

Glad it's all going ok for you guys. You must be getting excited now? Are you getting a full container and if so did they charge you the earth?

Thanks

Ginny

Hi Ginny,

Excited, yes!!!! we are seriously doing the headless chicken bit now :eek:

Yes, full container. Cost was £2691.00 + ins. which worked out to a total of approx £3000. Now adding on the bike I estimate the total to be about £3500.

Just cleaning everything at the mo, have to say thank god for dyson and his easy to strip & clean vacuums!

Computer will be packed tommorrow. I will try and get online on my mums computer so I can let you know how it went.

Paula:D

Mike & karen Oct 19th 2002 7:47 pm

Hi Ginny,

Excited, yes!!!! we are seriously doing the headless chicken bit now :eek:

Yes, full container. Cost was £2691.00 + ins. which worked out to a total of approx £3000. Now adding on the bike I estimate the total to be about £3500.

Just cleaning everything at the mo, have to say thank god for dyson and his easy to strip & clean vacuums!

Computer will be packed tommorrow. I will try and get online on my mums computer so I can let you know how it went.

Paula:D

Hi There

Hope every thing goes OK with your move.
We have already decided to go with PSS, going to phone on Monday to book a date to move our belongings.
All ready had a quote, very simular to yours.
Its good to know that some one is happy with there service.
Good luck.

Mike & Karen

Ginny Oct 19th 2002 8:01 pm

Paula

Hi there,

thanks for the info. I'm so excited for you. It must be so nerve racking. Let us know how you get on. I know it'll work out fine.

Take care and all the best

Ginny and family

tinaj Oct 19th 2002 11:32 pm

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Ginny:

Hi ,

Great news, I hope that things go smoothly for you.

How much stuff could you fit in the container? Do you mind me asking what size house and therefore amount of furniture you have ? I am trying to work out how much we could fit into a container.

May thanks and a happy journey.

Tinaj

Watt Dabney Oct 20th 2002 7:52 am

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by tinaj:

Originally posted by Ginny:

Hi ,

Great news, I hope that things go smoothly for you.

How much stuff could you fit in the container? Do you mind me asking what size house and therefore amount of furniture you have ? I am trying to work out how much we could fit into a container.

May thanks and a happy journey.

Tinaj

Hi Tinaj,

We have a 3 bed house (well 2 1/2 really!!) pretty standard, living room,dining room and all the stuff that goes with 2 kids, and we are taking almost everything. We are not taking the double mattress off our bed (sleeping on that on my mums floor for the next 2 weeks!) and we are not taking our white goods (fridge,freezer,washer,tumbler,dishwsher,cooker & miwave). We are pretty much taking everything else including a Kawasaki ZRX1100 !

Will try and post from my mums and report on PSS performance.

Paula :D