pss shippers

Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:59 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default pss shippers

Just had PSS here supposedly doing a quote for me. To be honest I dont think the estimator was really interested, he didnt offer me one bit of advice and just looked exasperated when I asked him some questions. Only bit of information he did give me was that they close at Christmas this as he was backing out of the door because he was running late. He was a stark contrast to the last 2 estimators I have had from "Atlantis" and "White & Company" who were both wonderful and full of useful hints and tips. I very much doubt we'll be using PSS
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pss shippers

Originally posted by sky
Just had PSS here supposedly doing a quote for me. To be honest I dont think the estimator was really interested, he didnt offer me one bit of advice and just looked exasperated when I asked him some questions. Only bit of information he did give me was that they close at Christmas this as he was backing out of the door because he was running late. He was a stark contrast to the last 2 estimators I have had from "Atlantis" and "White & Company" who were both wonderful and full of useful hints and tips. I very much doubt we'll be using PSS

Damn I've got PSS coming soon. I had Brittania last night. The man was very good , full of advice, such as my wife can't take her genuine picnic basket that she got for her birthday and hasn't yet used.
No dried grasses, skins , plants etc etc.
It'll be interesting to see what charges they will levy. Apparently we'll require the whole container (1000sq ft)
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:14 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I was given really good advise by the first two regarding animal skins, whicker, tools etc but this estimator from PSS was awful
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:19 pm
sky
Banned

Atlantis said it would be less hassle if we had whole 20ft container and quoted 3k door to door all inclusive to Christchurch NZ but White & Company said we wouldnt even fill a half of a 20ft container so would give us quote door to door for cubic area....they are offering 3 months free storage before hand and only need a wks notice but we havent got a price yet. Will let you know.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:22 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame you had such a bad experience with PSS.

I had to get sorted out fairly quickly (2 weeks notice of completion date) so I didn't have time for estimators to come round. PSS were really helpful on the phone though, and they managed to fit me in and they had to make 2 trips for my stuff as I'd underestimated how much I had. Couldn't be more pleased with them.

Obviously, if I'd had your experience with them, I wouldn't have gone with them either!

Jane
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

It really does depend on the estimator. PSS were one of the most informative for us. Brittania and Doree Bonner were awful.

We are going with PSS. I will let you know in 4 weeks what I think of them! They all only differed by £300 anyway.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:27 pm
sky
Banned

Im sure if PSS knew how this bloke was going about doing his job he wouldnt be working for them for much longer. He could have lost his company a couple of grand today or more if he was like that with everyone else he visited.
It really put me off
Old Nov 11th 2003, 6:07 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by sky
Atlantis said it would be less hassle if we had whole 20ft container and quoted 3k door to door all inclusive to Christchurch NZ but White & Company said we wouldnt even fill a half of a 20ft container so would give us quote door to door for cubic area....they are offering 3 months free storage before hand and only need a wks notice but we havent got a price yet. Will let you know.

We used PSS and they were great. No problems at all, although I think others have had damaged stuff. From what I can gather though these people have had shared containers which is where the trouble lies I think as the stuff gets handled a lot. With a sole use it is sealed outside your house in the UK and only opened again outside you house in NZ. For us the MAF inspection was at the house.

Paula
Old Nov 11th 2003, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sky
Yes I was given really good advise by the first two regarding animal skins, whicker, tools etc but this estimator from PSS was awful
So what advice was given tools, white goods, garden equipment, golf clubs, is it best to just sell it before going?
Old Nov 11th 2003, 8:18 pm
sky
Banned

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
So what advice was given tools, white goods, garden equipment, golf clubs, is it best to just sell it before going?
Tools: clean, chip of dirt (cement in hubbys case) and sand down surfaces.
White goods: own choice just empty and turn of fridge, freezer and washer few days before move and leave doors open to dry out. Im not taking mine because they're all on their last legs.
Garden equipment: has to be jet washed not steam cleaned so we have decided not to take the lawn mower/strimmer/hedge trimmer because we cant face washing them, also petrol lawn mower would need petrol syphoning off and cap leaving off for the vapours to evapourate.
Golf clubs: just have to be cleaned down but these have to be declared in NZ according to the bumf I have been left, also my horse riding gear apparently has to be declared.
No expert just repeating what I have been told
Old Nov 11th 2003, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sky
Tools: clean, chip of dirt (cement in hubbys case) and sand down surfaces.
White goods: own choice just empty and turn of fridge, freezer and washer few days before move and leave doors open to dry out. Im not taking mine because they're all on their last legs.
Garden equipment: has to be jet washed not steam cleaned so we have decided not to take the lawn mower/strimmer/hedge trimmer because we cant face washing them, also petrol lawn mower would need petrol syphoning off and cap leaving off for the vapours to evapourate.
Golf clubs: just have to be cleaned down but these have to be declared in NZ according to the bumf I have been left, also my horse riding gear apparently has to be declared.
No expert just repeating what I have been told
Thanks, I think i'll sell all my outdoor stuff early next spring and just take furniture.

PS. the strict MAF guidelines are a great excuse for a new set of golf clubs when I get there
Old Nov 11th 2003, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We got the official form through this week and it says:

shoes, garden tools & furniture, golf clubs, brooms camping equipment, bikes, swings etc must be washed and cleaned with disinfectant and clearly labelled for inspection on arrival.

No food items should be sent.

Anything with wheels must be disinfected with an approved disinfectant see ministry of agriculture site for list.

Vacumn cleaners bag removed and cleaned

Rest is common sense!