Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PSS review of service!

PSS review of service!

Old Mar 7th 2004, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default PSS review of service!

Well we fnally got our stuff last week. It actually got here within 7 weeks but was held up by customs then quarantine for another 4.

Very pleased with PSS, they wrapped everything well and we only had one mirror broken, which was actually pretty old anyway. The guys who unloaded this end were helpful and efficient, one of them was from Shepards Bush so we had a good chin wag!

All our things were complete and the guys commented that they rarely have trouble when delivering stuff packed by PSS as they use so much wrapping. When we started unwrapping things we agreed, they really did do a good job. I had a really expensive china set that is 40 years old and it arrived in perfect condition.

Very, pleased with them and would not hesitate to recommend them.

No problems with quaratine, all the wood, bikes, garden furniture etc passed and they had only opened the Xmas decorations, garden things and shoe boxes. They rang me up about a couple of candlesticks that I had that were made of raw wood, they threw them away for me.
Glad we brought everything, but I wish I had stashed my wicker baskets away somewhere as most boxes were untouched!!

Also it is fantastic to get our stuff back after such a long time, the kids thought it was Christmas!
Old Mar 7th 2004, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The standard charge for quarantine is $395 and you have to pay before they will arrange delivery.
Old Mar 7th 2004, 10:13 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PSS review of service!

Originally posted by tinaj
Well we fnally got our stuff last week. It actually got here within 7 weeks but was held up by customs then quarantine for another 4.

Very pleased with PSS, they wrapped everything well and we only had one mirror broken, which was actually pretty old anyway. The guys who unloaded this end were helpful and efficient, one of them was from Shepards Bush so we had a good chin wag!

All our things were complete and the guys commented that they rarely have trouble when delivering stuff packed by PSS as they use so much wrapping. When we started unwrapping things we agreed, they really did do a good job. I had a really expensive china set that is 40 years old and it arrived in perfect condition.

Very, pleased with them and would not hesitate to recommend them.

No problems with quaratine, all the wood, bikes, garden furniture etc passed and they had only opened the Xmas decorations, garden things and shoe boxes. They rang me up about a couple of candlesticks that I had that were made of raw wood, they threw them away for me.
Glad we brought everything, but I wish I had stashed my wicker baskets away somewhere as most boxes were untouched!!

Also it is fantastic to get our stuff back after such a long time, the kids thought it was Christmas!
Hi Tina,

Glad your stuff was OK. Shows how inept are delivery guys really were when they still managed to break stuff.

Jane
Old Mar 7th 2004, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Hope it is all sorted out for you now. Sounds like you had some bad luck there.
Old Mar 7th 2004, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Tinaj

Is the customs charge something that is includedin the quote or something that you have to pay extra? Had Brittania aroubd last week & they did not mention the customs charge. Have got PSS coming tomorrow morning - will bear in mind your recommendation when we get the quote. How were they compared to the other companies quotes?

Is there anything that I should be asking? Any hints & tips?

cheers pockgoes
Old Mar 7th 2004, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Do you have the web address/phone number for PSS, we are trying to get quotes ourselves this week.

Ta
Mandy
Old Mar 7th 2004, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

The website is www.pss.uk.com

Tel number 0208 686 7733

Hope that helps

cheers

pockygoes